Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Beginner - Where to put satellites.xml and good bouquet for 28.2 (openmips)

Title
    Thanks

Beginner - Where to put satellites.xml and good bouquet for 28.2 (openmips)

Folks,

Just got my Gigablue 800se Plus box from germany - took me over an hour to change the language to English BTW I waited for WOS to get them in stock but was just too impatient to wait any longer.

It didn't have 28.2 listed in the satellites .. so I downloaded a (28.2) satellites.xml file from internet and copied it to var/etc folder and restarted the box - no luck. I then used whatever facilities I spotted on the box (plugin or ?) to include 28.2 in the list of satellites, box tried to save the updated satellites.xml file but gave an error on attempting to save. Have I screwed up!! Should the sats.xml file be placed in a different folder (I've since seen threads mentioning /etc/tuxbox)? Hopefully you can help.

Assuming I can get sorted on the sats.xml front, can you also advise me on getting a good sky bouquet?

Cheers,

Michael

Blade0rz
    For all Enigma2 boxes the location of Satellites.xml is:
    HTML Code:
    /etc/tuxbox/
    Don't forget to reboot the box after FTPing it over. Then head into Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > Tuner A/B > Select your mode, then left/right on satellites and you should get 28.2E. Maybe you got a dodgy satellites.xml? You can generate a custom one here: http://satellites-xml.eu/

As for the bouquets, everything you need is in this post: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-East-Bouquets

And finally, since this is an Enigma2-based box you can find loads of information on settings over in this forum: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma...Settings

Title
    Thanks
    Update - I read on another forum that the sats.xml should be placed in \etc\enigma2 folder which overrides the file in the etc\tuxbox folder. True?

Blade0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
    Update - I read on another forum that the sats.xml should be placed in \etc\enigma2 folder which overrides the file in the etc\tuxbox folder. True?
    It depends on the image which one is loaded first, but all of them will read from /etc/tuxbox so just add it in there and remove it from /etc/engima2 ensuring you only have one.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Oh dear, confusion all over the place....

1- It has nothing to do with 'all enigma boxes', but with the image.
    2- All not-PLi based images use etc/tuxbox as the one & only only location for the file.
    All PLi-based images (such as ViX) have a system file in etc/tuxbox. A system file should never be overwritten, as then your file will be overwritten again during an image update.
    The user file for PLi-based images should go to etc/enigma2: it takes precedence over the system file

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Blade0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post

2- All not-PLi based images use etc/tuxbox as the one & only only location for the file.
    All PLi-based images (such as ViX) have a system file in etc/tuxbox. A system file should never be overwritten, as then your file will be overwritten again during an image update.
    The user file for PLi-based images should go to etc/enigma2: it takes precedence over the system file
    After reading this I'm possibly even more confused.....use /etc/tuxbox for Openmips?

Title
    Thanks
    Great info. Much appreciated. ... obviously the image is all-important in deciding where to place the sats.xml... how do I confirm what image I'm running - sorry for the newbie question
    Last edited by mike1961; 28-02-14 at 16:41.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post

+ a better xml site is
    Code:
    http://satellites-xml.org/
    team vix' site
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Octagon sf8008 single/COLOR] 1.5m motorized dish 95E-30W