Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dreambox 800 HD no new image works

Title
    Thanks

Dreambox 800 HD no new image works

Hi there

I have DM800HD and I use Sif Team image Koala with Barry Allen 5.2. Everything works and I wanted to upgrade to the newer Sif Team image or to newnigma2 4.0.8. I installed both using DCC E2 1.5 and rebooted. Starts to boot, screen shows with loading progress bar and it doesn't move at all and it doesn't finish booting.

I read about new loader and I have it, v 0.84 loader is on my DM800HD.

What else could be wrong? Old images that I have, work ok (Sif Koala and Open Pli 2.1).

Yours

Jerry

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Is it a clone?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    No, Genuine DM800HD. Verified with the plugin Dreambox Authentic check or something like that. I bought it from a trustworthy shop also and paid a lot for this days.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Newer images are O.E 2.0. If you want to use new O.E 2.0 images with Barry Allen you have to install an O.E 2.0 image into flash and then re-install Barry Allen.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 17-02-14 at 15:43.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Ah I see. I have an old image from 2011 in flash yes. So I should put some OE2 image to flash and then reinstall BA and then install image in BA or use flash.

I read flash is too small for OE2 images, which one would you recommend for startup image to BA? Is there just some tiny image that has BA, just to boot another image?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I never managed to get my DM800Se to work with Barry Allen on a O.E 2.0 image. No idea if its been fixed yet.

I gave up with it after a few hours, to be honest i prefer the old O.E 1.6 images anyway as they run faster. As for your box passing the genuine image test, I have a genuine and an A8P SIM DM800Se and both pass the genuine Dreambox check.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 17-02-14 at 15:45.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Hm :-( DM800 HD was bought for high price at official Dream Multimedia handler, it is genuine.

So it would be better to install the latest OE1.6 image. Does anybody know what is the latest OE1.6 image for DM800HD? I tried several and only Sif Team one had "memory" for selecting DVB-T subtitles (so the next time they were automatically selected). Other images forgot that I selected the subtitles.

Is it better to forget BA and install OE1.6 image directly to flash and forget the rest? WOuld it work faster and boot faster that way?

Title
    Thanks
    I managed to install the DMS image from 2013 for OE1.6. Works. Seems OE 2.0 is the problem for my DM800...

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm still using EDG Nemesis on mine, its stable as you like. I've never seen any point in using anything else.

Nano