Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner A not pickup up channels (OpenMips)

Blade0rz

Tuner A not pickup up channels (OpenMips)

I just received this box (OpenMips) and set it up with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. The only problem I'm having is that I can't get Tuner A (the internal tuner) to work properly. It only picks up 300 channels out of >900 on a full channel scan. Tuner B works great. I even tried swapping the cable out of Tuner B and into Tuner A and the same issue occurs, so it's definitely not the feed.

On the other 600 channels I just receive a "Tune Failed" message.

When opening Satfinder, Tuner B locks and receives channels but Tuner A doesn't and doesn't locate any channels at all.

Anybody else experiencing the same issue? Could this be a software rather than a hardware fault?

Blade0rz
    OK, so I flashed another nightly Openmips build and had the same issue. I also tried an OpenRSI build that had the same thing.

Finally I tried an early Feb build of OpenATV and it is working as expected. Just a heads up as it looks like a driver issue rather than a hardware fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Blade0rz
    Since I can't edit my posts, and this information might help other users in the same situation, these are the images in question:

openmips-2.1-gb800seplus-20140207_usb - Internal Tuner not working
    OpenRSI-4.0-gb800seplus-20140208 - Internal Tuner not working

openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb - Working, but no in-built softcam support. I just picked a random nightly build, but the latest one works too.

In lieu of softcam support for OpenATV I just installed TSPanel and all is working perfectly. I wonder will the build of OpenVIX have the same issues??

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    In tuner settings set 'Send Diseqc' to 'Yes' even if you do not use diseqc.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Blade0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    In tuner settings set 'Send Diseqc' to 'Yes' even if you do not use diseqc.
    Oh man. I tried literally everything, but that never crossed my mind. I read that over on the OpenVIX thread too :-(

Quite settled on the OpenATV image now though, maybe just wait for the vix release. Thanks for the help!

Title
    Thanks
    are you happy with se plus
    how Is sensitivity of build tuner A
    Is It BCM7356

Blade0rz
    It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blade0rz For This Useful Post:

sasho (19-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade0rz View Post
    Since I can't edit my posts, and this information might help other users in the same situation, these are the images in question:

openmips-2.1-gb800seplus-20140207_usb - Internal Tuner not working
    OpenRSI-4.0-gb800seplus-20140208 - Internal Tuner not working

openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb - Working, but no in-built softcam support. I just picked a random nightly build, but the latest one works too.

In lieu of softcam support for OpenATV I just installed TSPanel and all is working perfectly. I wonder will the build of OpenVIX have the same issues??
    Hi Blade0rz,

I'm havering the same issue with the in law's box. Like yourself I have tried everything and got 176 channels. Could you point me in the direction of where to download openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb image. I've googled but the oldest is 10th feb which does not work.

Thanks martin

Blade0rz
    Have you tried the workaround Sicilian posted above? That should be the easiest fix. Should work on any image. If that doesn't work, I can upload the OpenATV nightly tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade0rz View Post
    It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

thank you for reply
    so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
    also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
    - BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
    which type Is tuner B
    can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info

Blade0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by sasho View Post
    thank you for reply
    so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
    also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
    - BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
    which type Is tuner B
    can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info
    That's correct, the issue with the tuner is fixed in the OpenATV build I mentioned in my post although I haven't attempted the workaround Sicilian provided it certainly sounds as if it is the same issue.

I'm not sure if your statement around the Solo2 is correct, according to Wikipedia the Solo2 uses the BCM7356 chip whereas the Gigablue uses BCM7346. However, I can vouch for the tuner quality as it really is superb. Extremely high signal and quick to lock. Coming from a DM800HD which was fairly poor, this is an amazing tuner. Tuner B is a plug-and-play tuner, I will post a screenshot later this evening.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blade0rz For This Useful Post:

sasho (19-02-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Solo2 & Quad have the same CPU.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried setting diseqc to yes and it only finds 174 channels. He is only using the fixed tuner so i cant compare them.

If its not too much trouble i would be grateful if you uploaded your image so i can check all angles. I will get him to take a photo of the info screens and I will post later.

Thanks again

Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Solo2 & Quad have the same CPU.
    cpu yes but solo2 has BCM7346 tuner If you go to system Info

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not sure what you mean: both the Quad & Solo2 have the BCM7356 @1300MHz as chipset.
    Not sure about the Quad, but the Solo2 has two BCM7356 tuners.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast