Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Epg reload issues & others

Title
    Thanks

Post Epg reload issues & others

Has anyone else had any issues with this receiver taking ages to load epg data? Normally I enable the force epg reload at boot up option but when it is the receiver takes a very long time to boot up, when it's disabled the receiver re-boots normally but as soon as I try to download/reload epg data it takes a very long time to load, almost 10mins. Does anyone know why this is happening? Have had a lot of receivers from all the major manufacturers & never had this problem.

Also had problems updating a few plugins, the receiver keeps saying there's not enough memory or less than 14mb memory & aborts install. Again, have never had any memory issues with any other receivers. Is there a reason why this receiver has these problems? Have also purchased a HD800UE & if it happens with that as well, I won't have them much longer.

Title
    Thanks
    hi mabozza , having the same issues with epg data, crossepg takes around 10 mins as you say but I set mine to update just before I get up in the morning, but I've not had any issues with plugins or memory don't think there,s much help about at the moment with the box being newish, it might get better if vix release a image for it one day

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    what are your setups for CrossEPG ?, here on my receivers i have it setup for sky uk using OpenTV and it takes under 3 minutes to download and update.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    hi pheonix, thanks for the reply I have been using xmltv uk providers I have just changed it to open tv & its taken just over 3 mins you is a star (big thank you) just one more question please I have set it up to update in the middle of the night but when I got up in the morning the box was switched on, but I didn't think it was supposed to do that ?