Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: flashing image

Title
    Thanks

flashing image

hi, at the moment I'am still using the original open mips image but my box has gone cranky since I put some plug ins on ie password changes randomly & can,t change it no access via dcc or dreambox edit also tuner B has stopped working I have done a factory reset but its not altered anything, I have tried to flash a new image as has been described in a previous post but open mips keeps starting I have formatted the usb stick put (open atv also tried open ld) on to it put it in the rear of the box but no success. any help please

Blade0rz
    A lot of the tutorials miss out one vital step:
    1. Format USB to FAT32
    2. Extract contents of image to USB drive so the top-level directory is gigablue
    3. Insert USB into box (preferably the back USB port)
    4. Boot the box (either full restart or shutdown/boot)
    5. Important: Once the VFD displays the word "Conf" press the OK button on the front panel
    6. The VFD will display "Read" and the LED will start flashing purple. This is the image starting to install. Do not switch the box off, leave it to run. It may take about 10 minutes or so.
    7. Once successfully installed, the box will reboot into the new image

Step 5 was missing from all of the (admittedly HD800SE, not the Plus model) tutorials I had read online. Make sure the image you have selected is the correct one for your box, otherwise it could leave it in an unusable state.

For me, the latest OpenATV image has no issues whatsoever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blade0rz For This Useful Post:

Salfordian (16-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    hi bladeorz, am I missing a trick or something I've followed your instructions to the letter but it keeps going straight to boot tried with different images but no difference, any ideas please

Title
    Thanks
    hi ignore my last post I have put a new bootloader on now able to flash all good now its play time again (learning process) thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dorada View Post
    hi, at the moment I'am still using the original open mips image but my box has gone cranky since I put some plug ins on ie password changes randomly & can,t change it no access via dcc or dreambox edit also tuner B has stopped working I have done a factory reset but its not altered anything, I have tried to flash a new image as has been described in a previous post but open mips keeps starting I have formatted the usb stick put (open atv also tried open ld) on to it put it in the rear of the box but no success. any help please
    I have the same issue in that I cannot reflash..followed the instructions to the letter but box just boots normally (Boot => giga => numbers up to 100) no sign of CONF option. thankfully I got my tuner issue sorted by setting diseq to yes but dunno what I'm gonna do if I ever have to reflash. ?...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for the bootloader that I need for this box as I want to try different images and each time I try it reads the usb stick as usual then just goes straight to booting the mips image..
    Noticed dorada had this happen and sorted it with different bootloader..Thanks in advance for any help, can't seem to find it on here.

Title
    Thanks
    there you go buddy h**p://repository.italysat.it/ thats where I got mine from
    Last edited by dorada; 09-03-14 at 19:16. Reason: live link

Title
    Thanks
    hi deano , forgot to add put the correct bootloader on a usb stick and put it in your box as you would to flash it, takes about 2 to 4 seconds to load

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dorada For This Useful Post:

mike1961 (11-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for the bootloader that I need for this box as I want to try different images and each time I try it reads the usb stick as usual then just goes straight to booting the mips image..
    Noticed dorada had this happen and sorted it with different bootloader..Thanks in advance for any help, can't seem to find it on here.
    you either do that or just rename the folder inside gigablue from seplus to ueplus and it will recognize the update ;-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to klaxhu For This Useful Post:

Salfordian (16-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I had the same problem previously. In the end I think I resolved the issue by trying a different USB stick.