Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue HD800UE+ black screen

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Gigablue HD800UE+ black screen

Just got it today....couldn't wait so I started to flash it in work (no dish or any external connections) but I thought if could get the vix image on before I got home then that's some work done....

Flash the bootloader - it rebooted, went into the default image booting sequence....go through the wizard and all that.....powered off using the remote.

Downloaded the vix image and put that on a memory stick (fat32 formatted in windows) put the image on....plugged in, powered up.....nothing - red power light, nothing on the little display, nothing on screen....

Have I missed something somewhere....?

Just to add both the Ethernet led's come on at the back as well.....instantly, as soon as I push the rocker switch to power it up....
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 15-01-14 at 17:12.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    If it was a new box why did you flash the bootloader.. ??

there was no need for that at all..

Are you seeing the word : " Conf " on the display when you turn on your box when trying to falsh.. ??

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Just to re-iterate what MR.mister is saying you only need to flash a bootloader if a updated one is available and even then you have to be very very careful, flashing a bootloader is akin to a bios update on a PC an if it goes wrong you will kill the box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I flashed the bootloader because the vix link said that I had to......I must say even if it was a new box it would have either flashed the same bootloader or not bothered...either way after that It powered up with the stock image. Its after that, that it now does nothing. No, it doesn't say conf on screen, nothing at all.

Ive got a VU duo and duo2 which are working fine....the duo ive flashed loads of times and I also have a dreambox, so im kinda ok with flashing images. I notice theres an rs232 port on the back, can I recover using the com port....?
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 15-01-14 at 17:39.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As I said ive got it in work with me hooked up to and old dell monitor using a hdmi to dvi dongle to see whats on screen, but, in all fairness it doesn't always display so im gonna take it home and check there just in case theres something it cant display.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    I flashed the bootloader because the vix link said that I had to......I must say even if it was a new box it would have either flashed the same bootloader or not bothered...either way after that It powered up with the stock image. Its after that, that it now does nothing. No, it doesn't say conf on screen, nothing at all.

Ive got a VU duo and duo2 which are working fine....the duo ive flashed loads of times and I also have a dreambox, so im kinda ok with flashing images. I notice theres an rs232 port on the back, can I recover using the com port....?
    Which ViX link ?, as for recovering the receiver, if the bootsector has become corrupted you may be able to resurrect it via a j-tag but as far as i'm aware that is not in the public domain.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    bummer. Looks like itll have to go back....

Title
    Thanks
    Where did you get the bootloader? Post a link

Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    I flashed the bootloader because the vix link said that I had to......
    Have you a link to this and the image you flashed?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    There is no public ViX image or bootloader that needs to be flashed to the receiver.

Before doing anymore damage to the receiver send an email to the sponsor.

Also what ViX image did you try and flash, there's clear notices on Openvix site that state DO NOT USE ON PLUS MODELS! Where the standard SE/UE images are.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (15-01-14)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do exactly as follows:

1) Flash the attached bootloader to the unit.
    2) Flash the UE+ Openmips image from here
    Code:
    http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=gb800ueplus
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Moved to correct UE+ section.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah - I have mailed the sponsor....do I copy that folder as is....ie the folder that says "gigablue" - just copy that to the memory stick....

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Yes.. folder called gigablue goes to root of USB stick..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (15-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nah - nothing - im gonna have to hold my hands up and say ive flashed the wrong image.....more to the point I know I have now as I noticed this one says ueplus....the one I had at work said ue....twat. Too impatient....

I take it its just power on, with the stick in there....nothing to hold down first....power button or anything like that...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Flashing the bootloader is the same process as flashing a image but if you incorrectly flashed the bootloader / image intended for a different model it is very likely that you have damaged the bootsector. This may need to be sent back to the Gigablue factory to see of they can repair the damage done.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast