Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Setup XBMC To Stream Live Tv And Recording From An Enigma2 Box...

Title
    Thanks
    hi there I have vu solo 2 and thought I needed the plugin that's a ipk file is this correct? and if so where would I get this from been to the xbmc site and there is a wide choice of platforms to download. Also I managed to install xbmcaddons v5 but there were no addons in the section just a message saying download from xtrend site im a bit lost any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with stevedynamite we need a plugin either as a addon or a ipk file. Tried the VIX downloadable plugins available on the receiver with no success. The use of IPTV or XBMC needs a tutorial that is CURRENT and for the Vu+ products. I have a Vu+Duo2 and Im hoping to be able to put in my own internet links or get some good English language links. NOTE: I wish to run it from the Vu product. If you suggest otherwise ... what is the problem. TUTORIAL please.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Guys think ye are on the wrong thread.
    This thread is not about using XBMC on your satellite receiver.
    Its about putting XBMC on a PC, Raspberry PI or Android device and using an XBMC plugin so you can watch Streams from your sat box on PC, Raspberry PI or Android device.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Garglo View Post
    I agree with stevedynamite we need a plugin either as a addon or a ipk file. Tried the VIX downloadable plugins available on the receiver with no success. The use of IPTV or XBMC needs a tutorial that is CURRENT and for the Vu+ products. I have a Vu+Duo2 and Im hoping to be able to put in my own internet links or get some good English language links. NOTE: I wish to run it from the Vu product. If you suggest otherwise ... what is the problem. TUTORIAL please.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    FYI.

For anyone using a device other than a PC (Pi, tablet etc) you are better off to create a separate bouquet with the channels you need on it and configure VU plugin to only download that bouquet.
    Works a lot better.
    This below trick should work little bit better?

Code:
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=PVR/Backend/VUPlus#Channels

Folder for channeldata: 
    Retrieving the channel data from the backend can take quite long. 
    To avoid that the user has to wait a long time before the addon starts it stores the information 
    about the available channels in a separate XML file. Instead of quering the backend the addon then tries to 
    load the channels from this XML file during addon startup. 
    This property defines into which directory this XML file will be put. The filename is "channeldata.xml". 
    Also, the last played position of the recordings will be saved into this directory, so that the user can resume the playback of a previously stopped recording. 
    The recording data is stored into the file "recordings.xml".
    Last edited by rassi; 17-01-14 at 07:42.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I got the bouquets downloaded to my pi, however whenever I select a channel it streams only the audio and no picture? Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    OK I finally understand this thread now. Back to the web to find good links on what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Guys think ye are on the wrong thread.
    This thread is not about using XBMC on your satellite receiver.
    Its about putting XBMC on a PC, Raspberry PI or Android device and using an XBMC plugin so you can watch Streams from your sat box on PC, Raspberry PI or Android device.

D

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does the raspberry pi running xbmc edition have enough power to stream and play from a Vu Duo? Wow! I was using mine just for AirPlay of music to speakers but I might repurpose it!

Related: is there any hope of an xbmc app for Samsung TVs? Or a possibility of something like this to work with the Plex client already created for Samsung Smart Tvs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You need to ask your last question on a xbmc forum not on here, this is a satellite forum.

I believe you can do this on a raspberry pi, you need to setup live TV and then enigma2 pvr in addon settings.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

finbarr (24-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gillms1 View Post
    Hi,

I got the bouquets downloaded to my pi, however whenever I select a channel it streams only the audio and no picture? Any ideas?
    You need to buy the Pi mpg2 license code do a search for pi license code in google and top link ... it is £2.40 so does not break the bank.
    There is also a VC1 code for windows media if you want to play that.
    I have a Pi using XBMC (Raspbmc, Xbian or Openelec) running with a SOLO2 and streams no problem.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot on the Pi at the weekend and report back how I get on. Cheers.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Stationman

Are you getting perfect picture on HD channels from Solo2
    I have mine connected to DUO2 and the HD channel takes 30 secs to open and breaks up alot.
    SD is quick (4-5 secs) and 100% stable...
    All connected to gigabit wired network.
    Playback of HD recordings from DUO2 take 10 secs to load and 100% stable playback...

Quote Originally Posted by Stationman View Post
    You need to buy the Pi mpg2 license code do a search for pi license code in google and top link ... it is £2.40 so does not break the bank.
    There is also a VC1 code for windows media if you want to play that.
    I have a Pi using XBMC (Raspbmc, Xbian or Openelec) running with a SOLO2 and streams no problem.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've installed OpenElec, and configured Live TV and the Vu Enigma2 client, but I keep getting a message down the bottom right of XBMC saying "Vu Enigma2 Client: Connection Lost". Any ideas? I have double checked the web port, username and password.

Title
    Thanks
    @dfdream
    I have the Pi overclocked to FAST (940 MHz) option with no issues and yes the time taken
    to open channels is due to filling a buffer before play back starts, mine takes about 3 seconds
    for SD and 10-15 seconds for HD. I don't get any break up on say BBC ONE HD.
    The fastest option I have found for me is Raspbmc installed to a fast USB stick ( I am using a
    16 GB Transcend JetFlash 700 USB 3 one - works fine with pi usb 2 port)
    I use no pi hub just the usb stick and an Ultra Mini Keyboard with 2.4 GHz dongle plus a couple of
    500MHz / 1 gigabit port powerline adapters for the network connection via a 1 gigabit switch.
    A good Class 10 SD card also helps and I have been using 8GB Kingston class 10 cards.

@finbarr
    I often have this error when I request a single bouquet and then miss spell or put an invalid name
    in for the bouquet, my simple solution is to create a bouquet called xbmc and put only the channels
    I wish to have in it.
    Also I don't have any username or password set for the web interface on the solo2.
    Also as I have a motorised dish I select the zap option to ensure I can pick channels from any satellite
    and have the solo2 move the dish if required on channel change.

Hope that helps you out, I am not a real expert in this area but have tested/played with a lot of
    options including running Openelec backend on a small netbook with it's own usb tuner and the pi
    as a frontend to play from this.
    If you wish to ask any further questions please feel free and I will do my best to answer them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stationman For This Useful Post:

lfc84 (01-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks mate. I just got it working. In the end, I simply deleted the Recording Path in the addon settings and it started working. Now, I can select channels and hear audio. I've just ordered the mpeg2 codec, so hopefully that will sort out the video side of things.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Video working perfect now. This is such as great setup. Only one issue now, and that is to get Sky 3D to work. I can see the vertical side by side picture, but I cannot seem to get it into true 3D mode in XBMC. Has anyone got this working?

This would be great to get working as the TV I am streaming to is 3D, whereas the one downstairs with the Vu, is not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast