Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Setup XBMC To Stream Live Tv And Recording From An Enigma2 Box...

Title
    Thanks
    Is It Hard Wired??? All My PC's Take About 20 Minutes... And One Is On WiFi (But Has A Brilliant Signal(2 Metres Away))

Your Spec Has Nothing To Do With It... My Single Core 2.1Ghz Wifi Laptop With 2Gb Takes The Same Time As My Quad 3.4Ghz 8Gb 120Gb SSD Server With Gigabit Network Card Directly Connected To A Gigabit Switch... The Latters Startup However Is Blisteringly Fast... No XBMC Frodo Splash Screen, And The Local Load Is About 1.5 Seconds Including Channel And Recording Update...

However The Laptop Can Handle SD Live TV/Recordings Perfectly... I've A Bit More Testing To Do To Determine What Specs Will Provide Perfect HD... When I've Done That I'll Post Back...After That I'll Be Testing An Android Quad Core Mini PC/Media Centre With 2Gb To See If That Can Handle The Live HD Hard Wired... And Again I'll Post Back The Results...

Title
    Thanks

PDF Version Of The Guide...

Offline PDF Version...

XBMC.pdf

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pac2000 For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (23-03-14),Spuds (26-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    Is It Hard Wired??? All My PC's Take About 20 Minutes... And One Is On WiFi (But Has A Brilliant Signal(2 Metres Away))

Your Spec Has Nothing To Do With It... My Single Core 2.1Ghz Wifi Laptop With 2Gb Takes The Same Time As My Quad 3.4Ghz 8Gb 120Gb SSD Server With Gigabit Network Card Directly Connected To A Gigabit Switch... The Latters Startup However Is Blisteringly Fast... No XBMC Frodo Splash Screen, And The Local Load Is About 1.5 Seconds Including Channel And Recording Update...

However The Laptop Can Handle SD Live TV/Recordings Perfectly... I've A Bit More Testing To Do To Determine What Specs Will Provide Perfect HD... When I've Done That I'll Post Back...After That I'll Be Testing An Android Quad Core Mini PC/Media Centre With 2Gb To See If That Can Handle The Live HD Hard Wired... And Again I'll Post Back The Results...
    It's wifi and about 3 meters away. .. It's time to consider an upgrade. . My pc is about 4 & half years old. .lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi
    After having problems getting into site to download proggy i finally did it and following your instructions i managed to get it working, just one problem i found is i have a multi satellite setup so when reading from the stb my channel list it went for east to west, when the list appeared after loading the list is numerical so i had to scroll through 7000 channel to find the 28east channels what really is needed if reading data from stb is the satellite xml file so your able to select the bird from which you wish to view channel, can this be done or is the program limited.

Title
    Thanks
    If You Left Click TV Channels (Far Left Sliding Menu) It Rotates Through The Bouquet's... If You Right Click The Space To The Right Of TV Channels, And Select Group Management, You Can Directly Go To A Bouquet, But You Have To Hover Over TV Channels Again...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    FYI.

For anyone using a device other than a PC (Pi, tablet etc) you are better off to create a separate bouquet with the channels you need on it and configure VU plugin to only download that bouquet.
    Works a lot better.
    Have a PI in daughters play room with raspbmc and about 40 channels in a bouquet (SD works better) and takes about 90 secs to download epg on boot up.
    Have another upstairs with another bouquet mapped so at least it boots faster than loading all bouquets.
    On core i7 PC I let them all load and it flies through them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    FYI.

For anyone using a device other than a PC (Pi, tablet etc) you are better off to create a separate bouquet with the channels you need on it and configure VU plugin to only download that bouquet.
    Works a lot better.
    Have a PI in daughters play room with raspbmc and about 40 channels in a bouquet (SD works better) and takes about 90 secs to download epg on boot up.
    Have another upstairs with another bouquet mapped so at least it boots faster than loading all bouquets.
    On core i7 PC I let them all load and it flies through them.
    hi mate, i done all the steps but when it loads the EPG and channel list it takes forever to load. i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aScottishBloke View Post
    i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28
    Just out of interest, why do you have other Sats stored on the box if you only have access to 28.2E?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    had access to a motorized system but motor is goosed atm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aScottishBloke For This Useful Post:

judge (10-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Here's A Video Showing That On My 2.1 Ghz Single Core 2Gb Laptop With Normal HDD On Wifi, That Within 25 Seconds You Can Access The Channels With EPG, Whilst The EPG Is Updated In The Background... (The EPG Has Already Been Populated In The Background Within The Last 3 Days)

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJnw95yFJU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That's The Entire 28.2e Bouquet's And Full Channel List...
    Last edited by pac2000; 11-01-14 at 01:12. Reason: Missed Info Off

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You have 2 options.

Delete the satellites on your sat box that you don't have access to.

Or create a bouquet with the channels you only need on the XBMC box and in the configuration of VU plugin in XMBC set to only to download one bouquet..

Note if you create a bouquet manually on sat box it adds (TV) to the bouquet name. This is needed in the title in VU plugin too..

BTW what device are you running XBMC on ?

hi mate, i done all the steps but when it loads the EPG and channel list it takes forever to load. i only have access to 28 but it loads all the other satellites i have in the box. how do you stop it doing that so i only loads 28

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If I want to only download all channels bouquet, please can you tell me exactly what name needs to go in?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    If I want to only download all channels bouquet, please can you tell me exactly what name needs to go in?
    same name as the bouquet thats on your box you want

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aScottishBloke For This Useful Post:

duoduo (11-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im using windows 7 mate, i have managed to get it to load all channels from the all channels bouquet,

ive noticed since the installation of xbmc and using live tv my gigablue quad takes alot longer to boot etc. is that normal

Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    You have 2 options.

Delete the satellites on your sat box that you don't have access to.

Or create a bouquet with the channels you only need on the XBMC box and in the configuration of VU plugin in XMBC set to only to download one bouquet..

Note if you create a bouquet manually on sat box it adds (TV) to the bouquet name. This is needed in the title in VU plugin too..

BTW what device are you running XBMC on ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No complaints here (on Duo2)

im using windows 7 mate, i have managed to get it to load all channels from the all channels bouquet,

ive noticed since the installation of xbmc and using live tv my gigablue quad takes alot longer to boot etc. is that normal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast