Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIX / Solo2 / LG Magic Remote Control

Title
    Thanks

VIX / Solo2 / LG Magic Remote Control

Does anyone have an LG telly with the Magic remote working with their Solo2? Although VU+ is listed in the LG menu as being compatible, it doesn't work for me. LG haven't been too helpful other than to say my particular VU+ model may not work. I'm using VIX 3.0.808.

Is there compatibility across all VU+ models with the remote control? Does VIX modify the original VU+ remote control in any way?

AJT
    Quote Originally Posted by user68 View Post
    Does anyone have an LG telly with the Magic remote working with their Solo2? Although VU+ is listed in the LG menu as being compatible, it doesn't work for me. LG haven't been too helpful other than to say my particular VU+ model may not work. I'm using VIX 3.0.808.

Is there compatibility across all VU+ models with the remote control? Does VIX modify the original VU+ remote control in any way?
    It is normal that you need to put a code in for it to work as it wont magically pair itself..I have a LG tv and vix image does nothing to change the functions of the remote.The remote code for LG tv is 1628..The code for solo2 remote is 0002.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AJT For This Useful Post:

user68 (31-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks AJT. Does you LG tv have the same Magic remote? I read they use an RF signal not IR. The universal control set up for controlling other devices is done on the tv menu. VU+ is listed but it don't work when selected. I don't see a way of putting the IR codes in. I'm guessing, but if the Magic controller uses an RF signal to the tv to control the Solo2, then maybe the signal is passed via HDMI CEC? I'll do some digging on this and see what I find.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I've just brought the same remote, did you find a way to control the vu solo2 with it?

Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    After a lot of struggling i finally found solution! My VU+ remote was in default set to mode 2 and LG TV only know how to emulate VU+ mode 1 remote. So you need to set VU+ box to accept mode 1 remote codes:

Menu -> Modules -> RemoteControlCode -> Set Remote Control System Code 1

Configure universal remote control on LG TV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swalko For This Useful Post:

v8rick (12-12-18)

Title
    Thanks

VIX / Solo2 / LG Magic Remote Control

Ive set my Vu+ remote mode to type 1, now my LG magic remote can work some of it, strangely pressing "Pr up" on LG remote goes into History Zap on Vu+, and "Pr down" functions correctly

The central arrows on the LG remote seem to work correctly, is there a way to fix the Program Up and Down ( Channel Up and Down) keys to function correctly ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    did you try to change them with ButtonSetup?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hello !

I inspected with AnalysIR the signal emmited by original Vu+ remote :
    It is similar to the MCE protocol (Except the first byte)
    Ex Button 1
    MCE
    E2 80 52 00 01
    Signal emmited by vu remote
    0C 80 52 00 01

Explanation :
    E2 80 are invariant (caracteristics of the MCE protocol)
    52 OEM Vu+
    00 type 1 remote (if you change to type 2, you have 10)
    01 Button 1 (this byte is the button code; for example : button OK code is 5C)

----
    let's look at the LG magic remote now :

IR read by analysIR for the button 1 :
    0C 80 52 26 01
    For Ok :
    0C 80 52 26 0C

this should never works

My explanation :

May the frequency or timing of the LG remote are bad so some keys sometimes work ... or not !
    Last edited by houbahop; 24-01-18 at 01:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    MCE should be a RC6 remote and at least in the beginning VU remote was Philips OEM RC5 (I was told).

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    It's hard to find documentation on MCE protocol but I assume Vu+ remote is not RC5.

AnalysIR recognise the both signals (vu+ and LG magic) as MicrosoftRC6 protocol

In attachment you have upper graph for LG Magic Remote and lover graph for Vu+Remote

don't care for 0C 80 52 it's the same for both

I have verified the key for the two remote (2nd attachment) (last Byte)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    One bug of the magic remote.
    If you press the center of the the scroll wheel, you have the OK function, but if you move the scroll wheel once, then the center is disabled.
    You can easily verify that with your phone camera, you will see that the ir led won't light any more.
    This is true with all devices in remote configuration on the TV, not only Vu+

Title
    Thanks
    I found solution to have a maximum working buttons.
    I bought à FLIRC
    I have modified the keymap.xml file in /usr/share/enigma2 path to recognize functions keys of the keyboard.
    I have chosen MAGIC-TV device in LG TV
    I learned the correct keys in Flirc
    Advantages :
    it is not necessary to change the remote code of the VU+ (0002 to 0001)
    -33 keys of the Magic remote works fine, especially:
    - Channel +
    - Back (it's not necessary to make a long press)
    - Play pause stop ff rewind record EPG, DVR (extended functions with the key that is to the right of the key 0).

If anyone is interested I can write a tutorial

15. The Following User Says Thank You to houbahop For This Useful Post:

joe2419
    Hi yes please if you could write tutorial that would be great, been at my magic remote for weeks to no avail T.I.A.

Title
    Thanks

Flirc tutorial for magic remote

Step 1 : Buy a FLIRC ($ 23)

Step 2 : Find compatible STB :

You can control your STB with some keys of the magic remote, others remaining assigned to the TV
    TV Keys : POWER VOL + VOL- MUTE SEARCH HOME 3D GUIDE DEVICE PARAM TEXT T.OPT FOCUS
    STB keys : Others
    Other keys are accessible by the "screen remote" key at the right of the "0" key

If you try the different STBs on the TV, you see that the number of screen remote keys changes. You have a maximum of 5 choices among the possible keywords: Last output power guide info menu fav dvr

Example :
    @sky: power menu guide info

Very few STBs have the dvr key, I chose :
    MAGIC-TV: menu guide latest info dvr.

Step 3: modify the keymap.xml file in /usr/share/enigma2

If you connect a keyboard to the USB port of the vu, some keys are recognized.
    Some multimedia keys not present on the standard keyboard are also recognized.
    All these keys are in red, column 3 of the table below:

It will be necessary to define keys for the other commands: (in black, column 3)

This is done by associating them wherever they appear in the file keymap.xml to the key that you want to order.
    Example :
    Search KEY_RED
    <key id = "KEY_RED" mapto = "cancel" flags = "b" />
    and add the F1 to the next line
    <key id = "KEY_F1" mapto = "cancel" flags = "b" />
    Repeat for all occurrences of all keys.

(I joined you a modified openvix keymap.xml divided in 2 parts because it exceds the forum limit)

Step 4: Flirc Learning

Plug in your flirc on your computer and download the app. Place the computer near the TV
    Learn to flirc the different keys of your magic remote with the right controller (columns 4 and 5)

Last step : Plug the flirc into the VU and enjoy!

keymap_part1.xmlkeymap_part2.xmlLGMR-VU.jpg
    Last edited by houbahop; 07-02-18 at 20:58.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houbahop For This Useful Post:

Chvos (19-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I bought a LG C7V, but as other users stated above the remote does not work very good with my set top box (vu+ uno 4k se). I saw this post and that made me buy a flirc since I would like to use the magic remote instead of my Logitech harmony (because of the mouse function). Could you tell me how you added your flirc to you set top box? I have openatv 6.1 on it, but I can't find the settings to add this keyboard, or to get it recognized when I put it in. I also tried a bluetooth keyboard with dedicated bluetooth usb, but when I plug it into the set top box this does nothing. Before I even can get to the keymap settings step I have to get this working so it would be a great help if you could explain me how to do this. Another question, how do you get an overview of your keymap as in the picture you uploaded? If I open the keymap file with excel it does not look like that. I'm new to this so I hope you can help me to make it work .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast