Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM500 blue panel

Title
    Thanks

TM500 blue panel

Hi All,

I'm staying at my parents' house over Christmas and I've noticed that my Dads TM500 super is experiencing a lot of freezing. I put the IQteam image on the box for him way back and have the same image on mine. I have the same box with the same image and that was freezing a lot too until I downloaded CCCam 2.30 from the blue screen. Strange thing is that I have tried to download it for my parents but it is not on the UR server. Has anyone any tips on where to get 2.30 and how to install it please?

Thanks,

Capin

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The server for the 500/600 has closed. Not sure if TM are going to do anything about it. Anyway, if you want to play this will resolve your issue. Please read the readme file.

Code:
    By replacing the existing smartcam.config files, we will have the following cam options on the TM500/TM500S/TM600: oscam only, CCcam only, mgcamd only, oscam & CCcam, oscam & mgcamd. 

Background Info: 
    When installing Cams, the TMs (500/600) place symbolic links in the user area, the binaries/daemons are placed in the area where they cannot be edited. They use the smartcam plugin to control the cams

The factory reset also extracts a set of files that are located in the read only memory and replaces the ones in the user section. 

They also use cams with version numbers included in the name.

Actions:
    Backup your image before proceeding. You use the files at your own risk.

1. Save any cams and configs already installed to your PC. 

2. Once you have saved them to the PC, go to the blue panel and remove any existing cams. The purpose of this action is to remove the binaries in the read only section and the symbolic links to them.

3. Replace the smartcam.config in /var/ with the one attached
    4. Replace the smartcam.config in /var/etc with the one attached

6. Linux is case sensitive. If you don'thave them already and need to download them, use ones for ppc architecture. The ones for DM500.
    For oscam download from powerpc-tuxbox-old section. Rename the emulator you wish to use so that they match the ones mentioned in the attached smartcam.config. i.e 

CCcam
    oscam
    mgcamd

5. Place desired emulators in /var/bin and change file properties to 755
    6. Place required config files for emulator in relevant section.

For CCcam, it goes in /var/etc 
    CCcam.cfg 

For mgcamd, they go in /var/keys/
    mg_cfg
    newcamd.list

For oscam, they go in /var/tuxbox/config/
    Minimum required are:
    oscam.conf
    oscam.server
    oscam.user
    oscam.dvbapi (if you are using oscam only)

Restart the receiver and you should be able to select the desired cam. Performing a factory reset/cam reset will undo all of this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

capin (30-12-13),cwebb66 (30-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    All up and working with CCcam 2.30 following your instructions. We now have freeze free tv.....

Abu, Thankyou so much.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The server for the 500/600 has closed. Not sure if TM are going to do anything about it. Anyway, if you want to play this will resolve your issue. Please read the readme file.

Code:
    By replacing the existing smartcam.config files, we will have the following cam options on the TM500/TM500S/TM600: oscam only, CCcam only, mgcamd only, oscam & CCcam, oscam & mgcamd. 

Background Info: 
    When installing Cams, the TMs (500/600) place symbolic links in the user area, the binaries/daemons are placed in the area where they cannot be edited. They use the smartcam plugin to control the cams

The factory reset also extracts a set of files that are located in the read only memory and replaces the ones in the user section. 

They also use cams with version numbers included in the name.

Actions:
    Backup your image before proceeding. You use the files at your own risk.

1. Save any cams and configs already installed to your PC. 

2. Once you have saved them to the PC, go to the blue panel and remove any existing cams. The purpose of this action is to remove the binaries in the read only section and the symbolic links to them.

3. Replace the smartcam.config in /var/ with the one attached
    4. Replace the smartcam.config in /var/etc with the one attached

6. Linux is case sensitive. If you don'thave them already and need to download them, use ones for ppc architecture. The ones for DM500.
    For oscam download from powerpc-tuxbox-old section. Rename the emulator you wish to use so that they match the ones mentioned in the attached smartcam.config. i.e 

CCcam
    oscam
    mgcamd

5. Place desired emulators in /var/bin and change file properties to 755
    6. Place required config files for emulator in relevant section.

For CCcam, it goes in /var/etc 
    CCcam.cfg 

For mgcamd, they go in /var/keys/
    mg_cfg
    newcamd.list

For oscam, they go in /var/tuxbox/config/
    Minimum required are:
    oscam.conf
    oscam.server
    oscam.user
    oscam.dvbapi (if you are using oscam only)

Restart the receiver and you should be able to select the desired cam. Performing a factory reset/cam reset will undo all of this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to capin For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (30-12-13)