Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Ethernet connection: how to set up?

Title
    Thanks

Ethernet connection: how to set up?

Newbie question: how do I set up an ethernet connection on my Ferguson Ariva 202E box? I have installed the latest firmware. The box works fine, but the user manual isn't any help in setting up an ethernet link to the Internet. If I use a wireless dongle, it sees my network OK but the signal isn't strong enough (<50%), so I want to use the ethernet link instead. I'm pretty good with computers but don't know a lot about network setups.

So far, I've done this: I have an ethernet cable connecting my 202E to one of the four ethernet ports on my Netgear Range Max dual band wireless-N router.

On my 202E, I go to:
    Tools
    Network local setting
    Then there is a page headed:
    IP Settings
    I have a choice of DHCP on/off

If on, it shows STB Name (Ariva-07d5c4018230) and LAN Mac Address (00:80:0f:12:3d:59). The other settings for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Preferred, DNS Alternate are dimmed out.

If off, then it shows all those settings.

First question: Do I want DHCP on or off?
    What else do I need to do or what do I have to check to get the ethernet link to work?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Title
    Thanks
    When connect lan-box to router use DHCP ON go to restart network.

Title
    Thanks
    when I put internet cable in ferguson HD,after 1second reboot,can someone help me