Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bad drivers

Title
    Thanks

Bad drivers

Just got back from a short drive in town to get some petrol. Little did I know it would be a record breaker in meeting bad drivers creating bad situations. I'm not saying I'm a model driver but I don't do any of the following encounters:-
    Approaching a "give way island" on my opposite side - I have clear road ahead & right of way then as I got very near, an oncoming car just managed to zip around the island forcing me to break for him or risk a collision.
    On a dual lane road to the petrol station , a car on the outside changes lane with no signal forcing me to break & give space. His car almost pressed in to my cars side.
    At the petrol station there's a queue of cars & the one at the pump realises his petrol door's facing the wrong way then makes a reversing manoevor taking his time & causing all the others in the queue to reverse together . Cars are still coming in from the road suddenly meeting reversings from the entrance, which could have caused a slow speed collision.
    On the reverse side, a pentionist couple were having problems getting their bank card read. They then asked the man filling up on the other side if he could help (after he reversed this was), making us in the queue wait longer.
    Returning, a car in the middle of both lanes. Where he was going, I couldn't tell but these lanes are on a 7% hill with 2 sharp bends and although it's sunday, most shops are open so theres loads of traffic.
    By now Im getting near road rage but made it back and then , turning in to the car park outside where I live, a car parked over 2 bays so I can't come in & no others are free. The driver' was busy on their mobile so did'nt have time there and then to position correctly so made me wait until they were ok with it.
    But dispite all of this, I can be proud of myself that in the entirety, I didn't gesticulate a finger or two, swear at anyone or stop the car to sort them out (like I normally would). At least this can be counted as progress....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Glad to be home again?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Glad to be home again?
    In one piece , yes!!! Seems like the rush hour is fast becoming dodge'ems hour where I live.