Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool epg Guide Sky Skins by fraggle121

fraggle121
    it seems like more people want this on a vix than they do for any other box.
    I may sound silly but is there a ipk for the standard vix tv guide on a vix box or could someone upload the files for it here.I would love to look at it to see if that can be alterd in any way,,
    however even if it could I wont be able to test it cos I don't have a vix.

or could someone try to install this on there vix because this works on other boxes like technomate..
    if this works then it can be customized.even better than that it can be fully customized.

if any one wants to make the skin use this as its fully customizable,,if u add few extra lines of code to the xml

it works on dreambox and technomate unable to test on other boxes
    Last edited by fraggle121; 11-12-13 at 09:03.

fraggle121
    heres a pic of cool guide 2.2
    this 2.2 is cool guide only it dosent have the multi or easy or single guide.....
    this is a custom skin I made.
    I used the buttons from abel431 skin.
    I haven't finished the cool switch yet...
    on cool guide 2.2 border and a lot of other colours can be change..

still having some probs with white text coulour changing done it but found when I go to next page it alters the whole text. .but still I think this looks pretty good...
    cool guide 2.2.jpg

if any one wants it ill post the files no point posting files if no one wants them..
    Last edited by fraggle121; 11-12-13 at 13:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle121 View Post
    it seems like more people want this on a vix than they do for any other box.
    I may sound silly but is there a ipk for the standard vix tv guide on a vix box or could someone upload the files for it here.I would love to look at it to see if that can be alterd in any way,,
    however even if it could I wont be able to test it cos I don't have a vix.

or could someone try to install this on there vix because this works on other boxes like technomate..
    if this works then it can be customized.even better than that it can be fully customized.

if any one wants to make the skin use this as its fully customizable,,if u add few extra lines of code to the xml

it works on dreambox and technomate unable to test on other boxes
    Vix is the image - not a Box
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to garyblas For This Useful Post:

eatpia (20-06-14)

fraggle121
    ok well can someone try this on a vix image as I have pli and I don't want to change it..
    most likely wont work...or send me the files from a vix image tv guide if poss..

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    CoolTV guide will not run on VIX!!

Sent by pressing buttons.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

fraggle121
    OK thanks m8,,,

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Its not that CoolTV wont run on ViX as it will, but the ViX skin engine is not compatible with CoolTV and will cause issues

@fraggle121 im currently at work now but if you post the files you want ill try and post them here for you. There is no .ipk for the Default ViX skins but you can get the files from our GIT for all ViX compatible skins.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

fraggle121
    sorry pheonix if im half asleep try not to laugh at me but what is.

GIT for all ViX compatible skins

is git someone u don't like or does it stand for something..
    I after the vix tv guide files..whare d I go to get them,,i know u have answerd that but still I don't know what git is...
    Last edited by fraggle121; 11-12-13 at 20:54.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The GIT is in reference to GITHUB where the OE-Alliance / ViX store and build our images from etc ( There are far more technical terms for it but thats the basic gist of it ).

Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance
    Code:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-skins
    Code:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2-skins
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

fraggle121
    heres some pic of my cool guide 2.2 I prefere this cos it has loads of stuff removed that I never ever use like multi guide and single guide..

if any one wants the files to replace with your old guide make sure u have version 2.2 installed which i posted the ipk for and then replace with my files.
    if u have a later version u will need to unistall it because if u replace with my files cool guide will crash...
    let me know if u want the files and ill post them or if u want to make the ipk out of the files and ill post them..

grab.jpggrab2.jpg

picture 1 is cool tvguide and pic 2 is cool guide switch,,
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 09:38.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fraggle121 For This Useful Post:

eatpia (20-06-14),fast65 (12-12-13),Larry-G (12-12-13),ronan c (12-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    really like the looks of this skin. Please excuse me for being a thicko. I would like to install this on my Solo2 currently running Open PLI 4.0, but although I have read all this thread several times I am still not sure how to do it. Any help appreciated

thanks

fraggle121
    hello there if u know how to install a ipk file on your box and u know how to ftp your box its pretty easy.

if u have got cool tv guide on your box uninstall it.

now that that u have no cool tv guide on your box . ftp your box and put this file in the temp folder and install it.

its called enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_coolman_v2.2.2_all.ipk you can find it here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33788-Cool-epg-Guide-Sky-Skins-by-fraggle121/page4

ok now test it to see if its all installed and working fine u might have to reboot the box if its not working..it wont be anything like my skin yet but just make sure its all working ok.. when done let me know here and I will post the skin u want and tell u what u need to do next don't worry its easy if u can install the ipk file the next part is as easy..i am always on and of this forum so I will get back very soon after u have installed the cool tv guide..

just to let you know it works fine on my dreambox with a pli image,,so u should not have any problems at all

ill post the rest of the instructions and the files in a few mins...
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 18:52.

fraggle121

next and last step

ok now cool tv guide is installed...

download this file ive posted here and extract it to your desk top..

now ftp your box and got to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    you will see a folder called CoolTVGuide delete that folder and transfere my folder I posted called CoolTVGuide...

now go to

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/buttons/ u will see lots of files u now need to transfer the 4 butons i posted here it will ask you if you want to overright them just say yes...

all done now start cool tv guide u will now see my skin if not reboot box then it will be my skin.

when cool tv guide is started press menu and and scroll down to Left Width for 60 Height change it to 180 now press green for cool and scroll down to Blue Button (Search) and change it to bouquetlist now press the red button to save it ...
    that's it all done.

u will now have this cool tv guide skin..grab.jpggrab2.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fraggle121; 12-12-13 at 19:22.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fraggle121 For This Useful Post:

ronan c (12-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Fraggle,
    thanks for that M8. Tried to ftp to temp folder but not working after reboot. Don,t really know about ipk files. How do I install

thanks

fraggle121
    give me a few mins to find out how u install plugins on your box in the meen time if someone else knows please tell him saves me reading up..

I have a dreambox so it might be different..but this should work on your box.back in a min...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast