Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool epg Guide Sky Skins by fraggle121

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Awesome! Its starting to look really good! I think you should maybe change the channel selected colour though..
    Last edited by abell431; 09-12-13 at 00:26. Reason: realised i was wrong

fraggle121
    hello abell431 nice to hear from u.

I don't have a working sky box here so im not certain what the colours should be.
    what colour do u think the selected colour should be and ill change it asap.
    I thought the sky box uses yellow but im not certain...

fraggle121
    its done...I rushed the other screens but still looks very nice.i spent most of my time on the tv guide screen as that's the only screen that I use....
    well just waiting for abell431 to choose selected colour then ill post files and hopefully someone will make the ipk to make it easier for u guys if u wanted to try it....heres some screen shots...If no one makes the ipk u can always just ftp your box and replace file manauly easy enough..

tv guide.jpgeasy guide.jpgsingle guide.jpgchannel guide.jpg

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..
    also why hasent anyone else made any skins for cool guide.i suppose its a lot of effort for a small thing..any way hope u like it..

im starting to think I have way to much time on my hands.....I need to get a life

I will not be making any more changes to any screen exept the tv guide screen as that's the only one I use..
    Last edited by fraggle121; 09-12-13 at 10:23.

fraggle121
    sorry I ment
    I havent got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

not

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

also I have disabled the cool menu so the guide cannot be alterd as this is the best way I think it looks..no picons in channel list.
    if u don't like it when I have posted the files just uninstall cool tv guide and re install the normall cool tv guide from here.
    Code:
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/
    or make your own skin

and remember I have only sky uk on my box so I made the skin around that.if u have any other sats installed the cool tv guide will still be the same with the sky logos when u use it....
    Last edited by judge; 09-12-13 at 12:03. Reason: please code external links.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    I think you should try a yellow colour. Here is a hex code that I got from a screenshot of sky -fecb31
    I use this colour myself a while back on the epg but it didn't lok write because of the white text and As far as I know, on coolepg there is no way to change he 'selected channel' text colour

fraggle121
    cheers m8 ill have a go in a bit...

fraggle121
    I see what u mean no way to change selected channel text hex only pos to change select picon.
    looks awfull when change to proper yellow cos of white text.if I was a programmer then may be but im not so this is as good as I can get.
    ive decided to leave it as is .its as close to yellow as I can get before text become unreadable.
    still I think its looks pretty close to the real sky box..
    ill post files in a min if any one wants to make the ipk.if not just replace files on your box with mine...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fraggle121; 09-12-13 at 14:18.

fraggle121
    the files I posted in my last post above this are all the files for cool tv guide,if that makes your box crash when u start cool tv guide use these files these are just the skin files only..u are better of using these files don't download the files above,

this should not crash if u just replace these and nothing else..

when done u should get a cool tv guide looking like sky tv guide,,,,,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fraggle121; 09-12-13 at 15:44.

fraggle121
    this works well on my dreambox 800hd

ive also tested on a technomate tm800hd but it crashes when u start the guide strange...

fraggle121
    I will be making another cool tv guide I have found a way to fully customise every colour including the white text.
    everything can now be change just found the way to do it so ill start making the new skin u can always use my old skin until new one comes soon.
    the new skin will be change to what abell431 suggested with selected yellow coulour and with blue text like sky no more white text..
    the next version I release will be fully customizable...
    has any one tested my old skin yet I don't seem to get any response..

heres a screen shot of the start of my customization just to show that text colour can be change and everything else..hope u like it..grab.jpg

when ive done it ill post it if any one asks for it,,,
    I will not be making any more changes after that...time u guys come up with some skins....
    when I release the new version u can use that if u want to make your own skin because it will be fully customizable.
    Last edited by fraggle121; 10-12-13 at 12:47.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle121 View Post
    this works well on my dreambox 800hd

ive also tested on a technomate tm800hd but it crashes when u start the guide strange...
    The TM800 runs a totally different OS to the DM and a different processor, so most plugins wont work properly on the TM800 as they would a receiver with native enigma 2 support ( mips ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

fraggle121
    I see but cool tv guide works on the tm800 but it dosent let me change it to my skin..ill have to make the skin for the tm800 using the cool tv guide that runs on it but that's much much much later I mainly want this for the dreambox for now..

fraggle121
    just a update on how its looking still lots more to do...
    grab.jpg
    this one is using the same colours from abell431 skin looks ok but
    I prefere the old one I made I think I might stop...and stick with the one I already posted....
    getting a massive headache ahhhh!.
    Last edited by fraggle121; 10-12-13 at 17:50.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraggle121 For This Useful Post:

abell431 (10-12-13),ukbob (10-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Will this skin work on vix if so is there a ipk file I could use

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    No, not compatible with ViX.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast