Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV gigablue Quad

Title
    Thanks

IPTV gigablue Quad

Hi,

I am a newcomer in this forum.

I recently bought a gigablue quad from World-Of-Satellite and as i have no experience in the receiver field.

I would like to know how to run iptv on my gigablue quad ? Please, give full explanation because i am a novice. According to the specifications of this receiver, i can use iptv (unfortunately most of the forum are in German... ScheiSse, lol, ... yes i know i have to improve my German, i beg you pardon).

Any other information about this receiver will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    when you installed OpenViX on your Quad you can download the plugin IPTVListUpdater. When you start this plugin you can select a lot of countries and special interests and the plugin will generate a bouquet for this.

Because some of the IPTVs are only temporary it is a hit&miss if it is working and you should have patience because it can take several seconds before a stream starts.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thank Trial, i gonna look for this plugin and give you a feedback asap.

I tried to install another plugin called Turkvod but i failed since i got an error message. I had to do this with Telnet according to a website :
    opkg install python-shell
    opkg install python-misc
    But i don't know how... so sad

Otherwise, where i must put *.ipk files for the plugins if i don't install them directly with my receiver (Gigablue Quad running on openvix) ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    If your running ViX you can either place the .ipk onto a USB stick then insert this into the receiver while on a TV channel ( with no menu's open ), you should then be presented with a screen asking if you want to install the file.

or

Using a FTP client send the file to the /tmp/ directory on the receiver and then press the blue button / ViX / install local extension. to manually install the file.

or

press the menu button and navigate to the plugin feeds and download from there.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi i am wanting to do this myself but cannot find the plugin IPTVListUpdater. does anyone have a link or copy please.