Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How do you back up programs?

Title
    Thanks

How do you back up programs?

I am still using an old sony laptop which has vista but I dont see an option for backing up the full pc only files.

Any help appreciated

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Download the latest version of hirens boot cd, there is bound to be some backup tools in there.

Code:
     http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Usually I pack files into ".rar" files with WINRAR, and make a copy or copies on DVD-Rs or CD-Rs.
    Does your laptop gear any Disc-Recorder?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    In what way do you want to back up? To be able to install the programs on a different version of Windows (e.g. you have a new computer but want the same programs on), or to backup the whole pc in case it crashes?

If the first, then you will need the original installation media. If the latter, something like clone disk will take a while machine backup to get out back to the state it was when you backed up...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyboy View Post
    I am still using an old sony laptop which has vista but I dont see an option for backing up the full pc only files.

Any help appreciated
    You could download EaseUS Todo Backup. It is free and you can do a full backup