Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HD1+ Crashing Randomly with usb hdd

Title
    Thanks

HD1+ Crashing Randomly with usb hdd

Hi,
    Purchased the HD1+ from sponsor (Great Service by the way) for my parents.
    I set it all up for them 2 days ago with latest vix image 734 and all seemed ok and working well.
    (Vix 734, tuner A 28.2, tuner B equal to A, metrix skin, crossepg, tsmedia 3.9, ondemand, cccam2.30, (8gb flash mounted as media\usb with picons, xpicons & crossepg),
    usb3 500gb toshiba mounted as media\hdd)
    Flash drive is fat32 and hard drive was initialised by the HD1 and mounted automatically, recording paths are set ok.
    I set a timed recording on sat night (fta channel) and worked perfectly, the on sunday while I was there a timed recording of bbc1 HD started and the box crashed. Had to power off at back.
    From reading this forum I have reflashed with fresh image several times, inluding bootloader.
    Sometimes I have to leave it off for a minute to boot up or it gets stuck at booting on the display (I can live with that).
    Installed image with no cam or plugins, even tried it with bypassing the wizard, tried new auto satellite scan and tried my saved bouquets.
    The box will start ok but when anything (flash drive or usb hdd) is plugged in it will detect them, I can initialise etc (sometimes) as the box crashes randomly at different times and different menu options.
    I have even tried a different mains powered HDD with same results.
    Both HDD drives work fine on my Solo and Solo 2. I have setup 2 Venton HD2's with no issues at all.
    I tried with timeshift setting on/off etc with no joy.
    Could this be a faulty box or is there anything else I can try ?

Any help would be great (no hair left at this stage)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkemo View Post
    Hi,
    Purchased the HD1+ from sponsor (Great Service by the way) for my parents.
    I set it all up for them 2 days ago with latest vix image 734 and all seemed ok and working well.
    (Vix 734, tuner A 28.2, tuner B equal to A, metrix skin, crossepg, tsmedia 3.9, ondemand, cccam2.30, (8gb flash mounted as media\usb with picons, xpicons & crossepg),
    usb3 500gb toshiba mounted as media\hdd)
    Flash drive is fat32 and hard drive was initialised by the HD1 and mounted automatically, recording paths are set ok.
    I set a timed recording on sat night (fta channel) and worked perfectly, the on sunday while I was there a timed recording of bbc1 HD started and the box crashed. Had to power off at back.
    From reading this forum I have reflashed with fresh image several times, inluding bootloader.
    Sometimes I have to leave it off for a minute to boot up or it gets stuck at booting on the display (I can live with that).
    Installed image with no cam or plugins, even tried it with bypassing the wizard, tried new auto satellite scan and tried my saved bouquets.
    The box will start ok but when anything (flash drive or usb hdd) is plugged in it will detect them, I can initialise etc (sometimes) as the box crashes randomly at different times and different menu options.
    I have even tried a different mains powered HDD with same results.
    Both HDD drives work fine on my Solo and Solo 2. I have setup 2 Venton HD2's with no issues at all.
    I tried with timeshift setting on/off etc with no joy.
    Could this be a faulty box or is there anything else I can try ?

Any help would be great (no hair left at this stage)
    Sparkemo,

This may not really help you, but I was suffering similar probs with same box supplied by sponsor.

The box would run perfectly, until I connected usb or hdd..(both run perfectly in dm800se), whereupon, if I set a timer or pressed record......or even attempted to change a channel with remote, the box would shut down. If left for 5 or so minutes it would restart itself, but CCcam was gone and had to be re-installed.

The sponsor spent quite some time on emails in an attempt to rectify but to no avail.

He suggested I return it, along with my hdd and usb, which I did on Friday past, so he should have it today.

Perhaps drop him a line and mention the similarity of the fault?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    If left for 5 or so minutes it would restart itself, but CCcam was gone and had to be re-installed.
    What version of CCcam was you using? Where did you get if from? How did you install CCcam?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    What version of CCcam was you using? Where did you get if from? How did you install CCcam?
    Tried 2.1.3.....2.2.1......2.3.0 all with same problem.

FTP'd then blue button etc...

Title
    Thanks
    Was on to supplier (no hassle) and box is on its way back.
    The problem was happening even without any usb devices or plugins or cams installed also.
    It reminds me of a similar problem I had once with a pc which turned out to be faulty ram.
    Looking forward to getting it back up and running as the hd2 I have is excellent.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I also purchased a HD1 + with twin tuner,which i received today.
    Got exactly the same problem of random reboots but is alot worse when a recording is going on in the back ground.On vix 735 and running CCcam 2.2.1 which i have ftp in after downloading from this website.The reboots also happen when changing channel.
    I usually go for the vu duos but i thought i would give these a go.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Enable debug logs,
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug log = yes.

Restart E2 & upload one the next time this happens.

Title
    Thanks
    Just sent them now.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leewez View Post
    Hi,
    Got exactly the same problem of random reboots but is alot worse when a recording is going on in the back ground.On vix 735 and running CCcam 2.2.1 which i have ftp in after downloading from this website.The reboots also happen when changing channel.
    Sounds more or less the problem I had !!

I am glad in a way that others have the same symptoms are they are so silly (switches off on channel change !!!). I thought I was nuts !

Anyway, mine back to sponsor. P.O. state he should have it today. Would be interested to know what debug logs show ?

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leewez View Post
    Hi,
    Did you fit HDD youself or was it preinstalled or are you recording to USB ?

Title
    Thanks
    Sponsor contacted me to explain there is a faulty capacitor problem in a certain batch of hd1 plus boxes.i have now sent it back.