Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New out of box Venton HD1.........Booting.....constantly

Title
    Thanks
    Re-flashed. Box now goes dead when I select scan at autobouquetmaker...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    What are your exact tuner settings?

Can you test on a different feed/lnb?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    What are your exact tuner settings?

Can you test on a different feed/lnb?
    Have already swapped inputs from Duo to HD1...makes no difference.

Tuner A set to Astra (Sly)
    Tuner B set to same as A.

I have now changed image to Egami. Trouble still persists. Have disconnected HDD and USB.....still the same. I have noticed that box will cut off , go dead, and re-boot on channel change. Seems to happen on HD channels only.

I appreciate that what I am saying is rather silly and unbelievable, but that is what's happening !

I don't feel I am doing anything wrong as I have already set up 2 X DM800se and my Vu Duo without incident. Have tried sponsor by phone yesterday but got no reply, and notice another comment on this in Shoutbox.

However, I do understand that I have opened the box and invalidated warranty, so probably would not get much change there anyway!

So either I manage to get it going...(doubtful, I think it's faulty) or it goes in the bin !

Thanks for the time you are spending trying to help.
    Last edited by skronk; 04-09-13 at 14:38.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    Have tried sponsor by phone yesterday but got no reply, and notice another comment on this in Shoutbox.

However, I do understand that I have opened the box and invalidated warranty, so probably would not get much change there anyway!

So either I manage to get it going...(doubtful, I think it's faulty) or it goes in the bin !

Thanks for the time you are spending trying to help.
    The sponsor was out of the office so keep trying or email him he will get back to you.

As for invalidating the warranty by removing the lid, that's not the case, these boxes are meant to be opened to fit the hard disc. I know your frustrated but there is no need to go to extremes of damaging the box ( joking or not ), we're actually trying to help you resolve your issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The sponsor was out of the office so keep trying or email him he will get back to you.

As for invalidating the warranty by removing the lid, that's not the case, these boxes are meant to be opened to fit the hard disc. I know your frustrated but there is no need to go to extremes of damaging the box ( joking or not ), we're actually trying to help you resolve your issues.

I do appreciate the help.

I am sure you have once or twice been in the position where frustration has got the better of you !!

Bearing in mind the box was 8 days in delivery and now (appears) not working, I am hoping that it does not have to be returned as this will add more time.

However, in the great scheme of things I suppose a satellite box is really well down the agenda.

Will take your advice and try sponsor again.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I am sure you have once or twice been in the position where frustration has got the better of you !!

Bearing in mind the box was 8 days in delivery and now (appears) not working, I am hoping that it does not have to be returned as this will add more time.

However, in the great scheme of things I suppose a satellite box is really well down the agenda.

Will take your advice and try sponsor again.
    Absolutely I was all set to create a Vu+uno VS shotgun video for youtube when I first upgraded from E1 to E2 but with the help of this forum I got there in the end. And yes I fully understand the frustration with delivery times but again that's not something the sponsor had control over. We will keep trying to help you resolve this issue any way we can.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Absolutely I was all set to create a Vu+uno VS shotgun video for youtube when I first upgraded from E1 to E2 but with the help of this forum I got there in the end. And yes I fully understand the frustration with delivery times but again that's not something the sponsor had control over. We will keep trying to help you resolve this issue any way we can.

Thanks again...sponsor emailed. Hoping for the best !

Title
    Thanks
    It has to go back.........though sponsor has been fair with return postage. Fair play to him.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It has to go back.........though sponsor has been fair with return postage. Fair play to him.
    He's a very fair bloke and always goes that extra mile for his customers.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    A wee update......Possibly stop some "hair pulling"

Turns out that some HD1 boxes have a fault and sponsor has returned all to manufacturer.

WoS have offered replacement HD2 (which does not have the faulty component) at same cost which I have accepted. Pity, because the HD1 looks better and it's black whereas the 2 has a silver front.

Sponsor did try hard to rectify HD1, but to no avail. Looking forward to new box arriving.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Please note, this issue was in literally on a small few units in last couple of cartons we received, rather than un-box and check the lot we thought it best to return then to Venton to check.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (13-09-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12