Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New out of box Venton HD1.........Booting.....constantly

Title
    Thanks

New out of box Venton HD1.........Booting.....constantly

Hi all,

Purchased from sponsor.

8 days delivery time. Yes 8. O.K. I do live remotely, but that is taking the ****.

Anyway was on holiday when it arrived, have now connected it up. I am now faced with "booting" on front screen for past 2 hours!!!

Have I done anything wrong ? Have already installed DM800se, Technomate, and VU Duo, so should not be a problem.

Anyone help before it gets crushed ?

Regards

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Every time i have ordered any thing from the sponsor it has taken maybe 3 days at the most, but thats down to the courier not the sponsor him self so not exactly something he can control. as for your issue not sure you could try re flashing it.

How to flash a Venton HD 1 / 1+. ( with new bootloader )
    Click Here
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Every time i have ordered any thing from the sponsor it has taken maybe 3 days at the most, but thats down to the courier not the sponsor him self so not exactly something he can control. as for your issue not sure you could try re flashing it.

How to flash a Venton HD 1 / 1+. ( with new bootloader )
    Click Here
    Yes but with respect to both you and sponsor...I paid £7.50 extra for delivery, waited 8 days, and got a box which only displays "booting"
    You may imagine how overjoyed I am right now . I hjave tried your suggestion of re-flash. I still get "booting"...for the past 40 minutes !!!

A wee bitty disappointed as I really wanted another VU Duo (bought from sponsor without incident) but would be used in same room as original so remotes would have clashed. That is the only reason I changed the box.

Title
    Thanks
    I live out in the sticks in north wales and iv bought numerous boxes off the sponsor for friends and family and they've been delivered next day mostly and that's with a hdd fitted I waited 3 days once but I was kept upto date with everything by steff via email so it must be a courier problem mate

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    Yes but with respect to both you and sponsor...I paid £7.50 extra for delivery, waited 8 days, and got a box which only displays "booting"
    You may imagine how overjoyed I am right now . I hjave tried your suggestion of re-flash. I still get "booting"...for the past 40 minutes !!!

A wee bitty disappointed as I really wanted another VU Duo (bought from sponsor without incident) but would be used in same room as original so remotes would have clashed. That is the only reason I changed the box.
    Unfortunately i dont have one of these receivers so i cant really go into great detail about it, drop the sponsor a PM, he is a very genuine and honest guy and always goes out of his way to help his customers.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Have managed to get box to do something now by disconecting / conecting to mains a few times.

Now flashed Vix image. Wife wants to watch other box so no further progress tonight.

Not feeling to confident about receiver though !!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have managed to get box to do something now by disconecting / conecting to mains a few times.

Now flashed Vix image. Wife wants to watch other box so no further progress tonight.

Not feeling to confident about receiver though !!
    Never used one my self but from feedback here and else where i get the impression that it's a very solid receiver with few if any real issues. unfortunately as with every thing you sometimes get a bad apple so to speak. I also know that the sponsor tests receivers prior to shipping them especially when a customer asks for a specific image to be flashed.

It's possible you'r just unlucky, a phone call or email to the sponsor and i'm sure he will help you sort things out.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Never used one my self but from feedback here and else where i get the impression that it's a very solid receiver with few if any real issues. unfortunately as with every thing you sometimes get a bad apple so to speak. I also know that the sponsor tests receivers prior to shipping them especially when a customer asks for a specific image to be flashed.

It's possible you'r just unlucky, a phone call or email to the sponsor and i'm sure he will help you sort things out.
    It's working at present so I will get a chance to play with it today as wife is working !

Title
    Thanks
    Now looking for more help.
    Installed HDD ...initialised and set 2 recordings. At start of recordings machine locks up and displays "IN ORDER" on display, then continually cycles between dead and Vix splash screen.
    If I remove Cam this does not happen. Have installed various versions of Cam.

Has anyone any ideas....I'm not really expecting any !!

Should have bought a Skybox.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Re-flash your receiver and start fresh, do not restore any backups.

1) Once you finish the startup wizard, you must initilialise your HDD. Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initliasation > Select your HDD and press OK > Press Red to initialise.

2) Now install your bouquets.

3) Correct softcam setup guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...mate-Venton-VU

Compatible softcams here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Do not use plugins like TSPanel to install softcams.

Hows that for an idea
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Re-flash your receiver and start fresh, do not restore any backups.

1) Once you finish the startup wizard, you must initilialise your HDD. Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initliasation > Select your HDD and press OK > Press Red to initialise.

2) Now install your bouquets.

3) Correct softcam setup guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...mate-Venton-VU

Compatible softcams here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Do not use plugins like TSPanel to install softcams.

Hows that for an idea
    I must have read your mind. Factory re-set as I type. Then start again !!

Cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I must have read your mind. Factory re-set as I type. Then start again !!

Cheers
    Re-flash and start fresh would be better imo.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Right...

Slight progress

Done as you suggested. Now at random, the box will switch off when selecting timer from epg. However, it now comes back on again after booting, however cam has stopped and needs restarted. Last time it would continuously loop and nothing happened.

Will persevere, but I can see the whisky coming out soon, closely followed by the hammer !!!
    Last edited by skronk; 04-09-13 at 11:18.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Did you initialise the HDD correctly and wait for the popup window saying 100% complete?

Is the HDD mounted correctly? Blue button > ViX > Mount Manager? Should be media/hdd.

Provide an exact step by step of what you are doing?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I have already re-flashed this morning with ver 720, as this is working flawlessly in my duo.

However, willing to try again. Give me a few minutes.

Oh true joy !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast