Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Going to buy the HD2, some advice please...

Title
    Thanks

Going to buy the HD2, some advice please...

Hello there,

I've decided to sell my tm-2t, largely due to it's crap recording drivers.

I've been having a look around, and have spoken to the sponsor too and it seems that the Venton Unibox HD2 is a very good choice as I need a twin tuner box.

I've just got a couple of questions I would like to ask you guys who have the box or have ever used/tested it:

1. Does the streaming from the box to devices (PC's etc) work well and does it have any issues?

2. Does the box have any slowdown issues or anything like this? I'm not entirely sure whether the specs are that good or not.

3. Also, my main concern is stability, so are there any known issues in terms of the box crashing, timeshift or recording issues?

One last thing is that I am looking for, in the image, a setup where I not only have channel numbers but also a 'category' system like the official 'Skybox' has. I've found that to be very much suitable for myself and family. Taking this into account, which image do you think should be loaded into the box for use?

Thanks!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    Hello there,

I've decided to sell my tm-2t, largely due to it's crap recording drivers.
    It's not only recording issues we have, but also live TV issues, including sound sync & picture break up.
    Sadly, we are still waiting on TM for decent drivers.
    One last thing is that I am looking for, in the image, a setup where I not only have channel numbers but also a 'category' system like the official 'Skybox' has. I've found that to be very much suitable for myself and family. Taking this into account, which image do you think should be loaded into the box for use?
    The ViX image is fully supported on this box, so channel numbers & "'category' system like the official 'Skybox' has" is also fully supported.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions but due to the lack of issues reported, presume they should be fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    It's not only recording issues we have, but also live TV issues, including sound sync & picture break up.
    Sadly, we are still waiting on TM for decent drivers.

The ViX image is fully supported on this box, so channel numbers & "'category' system like the official 'Skybox' has" is also fully supported.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions but due to the lack of issues reported, presume they should be fine.
    Thanks for the information.

Are the openatv/egami images also fully functional without bugs etc? What is the main difference between those and the VIX image for Unibox HD2?

Thank you.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There all OE-Alliance members so are built on the same OE core as ViX but each team still maintains their own enigma2 meaning that there all very different in who they tailor their images towards, the only way to know which image is best for you is to try them for your self.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts

Are the openatv/egami images also fully functional without bugs etc? What is the main difference between those and the VIX image for Unibox HD2?

Thank you.
    No image is without bugs, try them all & pick your preffered one.

Title
    Thanks
    I've currently got a Tm-2T which is really bad at the moment due to the recording issues. I've also have a Venton unibox HD2 which I purchased 3 weeks ago. The venton Box has totally replaced my sky box and is great to use. My opinion is its fast to use and the remote is well laid out. I record a lot of programs and have had no issues at all. Every plugin I've tried has worked as it should. The only time its crashed is a couple of times on 1channel, however as this is a third party plugin it can't be blamed on the box or the VIX image. To cut short a very good box with stable drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstof View Post
    I've currently got a Tm-2T which is really bad at the moment due to the recording issues. I've also have a Venton unibox HD2 which I purchased 3 weeks ago. The venton Box has totally replaced my sky box and is great to use. My opinion is its fast to use and the remote is well laid out. I record a lot of programs and have had no issues at all. Every plugin I've tried has worked as it should. The only time its crashed is a couple of times on 1channel, however as this is a third party plugin it can't be blamed on the box or the VIX image. To cut short a very good box with stable drivers.