Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: new unibox hd1 bug no lcd readout

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

new unibox hd1 bug no lcd readout

Hey guys got a new hd1 off our sponsors wos and I'm loving the box small and quiet but I've noticed I don't have a LCD display readout, is this a failure of the box or is it image related as I have of course the latest vix image installed.

Any ideas

Title
    Thanks
    My HD2 does has done the same I'm wondering if it a image issue?

Title
    Thanks
    If this is a venton bug image problem how long would it take to fix I'm wondering shall I use a older backup?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Power off, leave a minute and power on.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I dont get any display text at all on my hd1, no lights either infact the only light i do get is the red standby light when i put it into deep standby.

So im not sure now if its image related or not as the manual hardly mentions it.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    I dont get any display text at all on my hd1, no lights either infact the only light i do get is the red standby light when i put it into deep standby.

So im not sure now if its image related or not as the manual hardly mentions it.

Completely power off, wait a minute, power on, does the screen say 'booting'? Then the ViX image boots?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    No it doesn't mate it's blank all I get is the flasher from the remote sensor

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Flasher?

The rotating circle?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandanddeb View Post
    No it doesn't mate it's blank all I get is the flasher from the remote sensor
    Follow these instructions, this is only for HD2 NOT HD1+.

1) Flash official image 29/05/13 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...740#post232740
    2) Just exit out of all the startup wizard.
    3) Update front panel firmware. Menu > Plugins > Frontpanel Update plugin. Select ok to update, the your will see a screen that says download firmare, press blue button and the firmware will download > press ok to update. Wait until screen says complete. Once complete power off.
    4) Power on after 1 min, does screen now say booting? If so re-flash with ViX image build 720.
    5) If still ok, online update to 726.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I just get the black boot logo saying would of satillite.
    Im on build 726 if this helps but tried the powering off and on etc and theres northing on the front panel not even a recording light.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In plugins the firmware upgrade is currently 20032 with new version being N/A.
    If i press green to update i get a MICOM File Browser below.

screenshot (1).jpg

screenshot.jpg

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    In plugins the firmware upgrade is currently 20032 with new version being N/A.
    If i press green to update i get a MICOM File Browser below.

screenshot (1).jpg

screenshot.jpg
    Read post 9, I said HD2 only reffering to Mandanddeb posts.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ive taken the lid off and reseated the data cable to the VHD display, tried powering on with the hard drive outside of the case and the display works, ive found out that because i havnt secured my hdd down with screws as i havent any, that if the hard drive touched the cap on the circuit board of the display that the display would go out.

So i just need to mount the hdd properly, would be nice if venton would supply screws to fit the 2.5 hdd.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ive taken the lid off and reseated the data cable to the VHD display, tried powering on with the hard drive outside of the case and the display works, ive found out that because i havnt secured my hdd down with screws as i havent any, that if the hard drive touched the cap on the circuit board of the display that the display would go out.

So i just need to mount the hdd properly, would be nice if venton would supply screws to fit the 2.5 hdd.
    Theres normally a pack of screws where the remote is located in the box.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

markus625 (26-08-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ur right just searched the box and yes they are there.