Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: support for HD+

gzkbb2

support for HD+

I like the basics of the duo2 but can't actually find if it meets my basic requirement to receive the German package HD+ on astra 19.2E . It is not listed as HD+ approved and I cant quite understand yet the ideas of Linux softcams. I can see that the Irdeto Cam I already have is probably obsolete and can see a cam called a CI2.

Somebody in Germany must already have solved this.

I am assuming using the latest Blackhole image which is 2.0.5.

Why is linux so complicated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    hi,
    I hope you do not have a HD03 card because this is still not working with a softcam. HD01 and 02 work with most softcams. Try scam and CCcam.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Trial; 25-08-13 at 08:21.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gzkbb2 View Post
    ...... and I cant quite understand yet the ideas of Linux softcams.
    The idea of a softcam is to omit the requirement for a CAM.

A CAM is an extra costly piece of hardware with embedded closed source firmware and a very limited functionality. And on top of that it uses power and generates (usually a lot of) heat.

To give you some idea, without going into the details:

1- A SoftCam is software only, is free to use and doesn't use power or generate heat

2- A CAM will only work for a limited number of encryptions (usually just one); a SoftCam can work with a whole range of different cards

3- The functionality of a CAM is usually limited to decrypting one channel only (sometimes 2); a SoftCam can handle multiple streams

4- When using a CAM your recordings will still be encrypted; when using a SoftCam all recordings will be decrypted

5- A SoftCam can also read the card in another box; no CAM will allow you to do that

6- A SoftCam can be highly configured for ones needs and cards.

Some modern encryption systems named CI+ (not sure about HD+) are only created to limit the freedom of the user.
    Examples are limited number of playback, no fast forward etc.
    Hence you can find an enormous number of campaigns against the introduction of those systems

Quote Originally Posted by gzkbb2 View Post
    Why is linux so complicated.
    Not sure if it is, but as a user of a Linux box you don't need to know anything about Linux.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.