Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How do i remove commando14.7 from my Dm 500-s

Title
    Thanks

How do i remove commando14.7 from my Dm 500-s

Hello hope you are all well. i installed commando 14.7 on my Dm 500-s and i want to revert it to the older image but i did not do a backup of my previous image and i cant go about it in any way is there a way someone could offer advice as to how to Change image from Commando14.7 to any other image thank you.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can ftp a new file to the temp folder, and then it can be reflashd within the commando image, but why would you want to remove commando 14.7 as it is tailored made for the DM500s box, and has a cracking EPG & AUTBOUQUET within m8, what seems to be your problem with the commando image m8 ???
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wullboy For This Useful Post:

kwappys (08-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    thank you for the reply but i get my way out with it and now i cant even get into the box the network is not responding so i cant even flash via the network its a bit complicated for me as am kind of learning the trade.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what do you mean you cant get into the box.. menu button, settings, network, then scroll down to...... show active network settings, and that will show you the box`s ip address ??, then you can FTP into the box to re-install a new image ???

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    sorry it says network inactive thats the problem is there a way around it like using the null cable or somthing of that cos i have another box and it hasnt got a problem with the network actually before i installed the image it was working on the previous image as soon as i did the changes in image its locked up that why i want to change the image.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    the program DreamUp is normally used to flash older boxes also with null modem cable. If the current version does not work try an older one.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

kwappys (08-08-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if it says the network is inactive then your going to have to get it active, go to menu..settings..network, then hit the red button, that should get your network active,??
    Last edited by wullboy; 08-08-13 at 21:51.

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    hello i have been able to get it out had to use the DreamUP to do it. thanks for the help Oh what a day.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Be ready for more of those days mate
    Commando image probably requires the least amount of user input to get going on 28.2
    You tell it where you live and it downloads the channels fr your region and installs for you.
    Then it will download the epg too.

What image have you replaced it with? I have not really read much on DM500 for a couple of years but be careful what you do put on it unless you are positive you have a genuine box.

Title
    Thanks
    hello mate sorry for the long delay in replying was away for a while yeah i was able to re-flush the box with Gemini 4.70 its working anyway so i might aswell leave it to run.