Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: null modem cable

Title
    Thanks

null modem cable

hi all

i`am trying to use the recovery programme on my spiderbox 9000-i have the F-100 message on screen, i`am using an old armada e500 it has a RS232 socket on the back and the laptop runs XP, i`ve tried two different null modem cables, the recovery programme runs to 100% then i get the message"writing software to flash" please wait-last night i waited over an hour but the box would not reboot i did not realize there are different types of null modem cable(straight through-crossover etc) i think thats what they are called, would anybody know the correct pinout/wireing or what type of cable i should use?.

many thanks

vinny.

Title
    Thanks
    sorted

if anyone is interested the problem was the software, apparently there are two versions of the recovery programme one old one new the new version would not load into my 9000 the old version did.

vinny

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vinny47 For This Useful Post:

chris-k (31-07-13),Larry-G (30-07-13),SAILORJOSH (20-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    same problem - can you point to recovery sw that did work, Cheers.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Here are the 2 versions. However please note that F100 on the display means that the receiver has failed to boot but it may be a hardware issue causing it. If that is the case then the recovery software will not help. Also using a usb to serial cable/adapter is unlikely to work.

all Tools.zip
    rs232 serial download.zip
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    And here is another (the newest I think). These will not work on the 7000 btw.

Download.zip
    HD9000_RS232.zip
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.