Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Please post all VU+ Duo2 LCD4Linux support questions in this section

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    which config did you transfer?
    I tried a few from this thread
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...4Linux-configs

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone please shed light on my lcd4linux problem (VU+ Duo2, latest version of vix, brand-new):
    I never got the LCD to work properly. After flashing the vix image and loading the default setting, I had a static display of the channel, but it would not update when I changed channel.
    I then installed other configs from the thread above and that made no difference at all. I then rebooted and the LCD just went black. What should I do? Re-flash the entire image?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjens View Post
    I never got the LCD to work properly. After flashing the vix image and loading the default setting, I had a static display of the channel, but it would not update when I changed channel.
    Without any pictures of your settings itīs kinda difficult to say anything. I would suggest that you edit your LCD4linux-setting through OpenWebif, so you can see where your changes take effect.
    And maybe take a screenshot of your "when the box is on" -settings .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kojo_ For This Useful Post:

marcjens (12-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    for LCD to work on duo 2 : I installed lcd4linux.conf in dir /etc and lcd4config in /etc/enigma2.For picons install in root dir box picons with channel reference.Reboot box and you should haven a screen in LCD.Adapt this by webif http://ipadressbox/lcd4linux/config.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

marcjens (12-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Untitled.jpg
    Bellejt and Kojo -- thank you.

Attached is a screenshot of the webIF as requested.
    I have uploaded LCD4linux-20130726_1433.lcd into \temp and ran it via the plugin menu.
    I am not sure how to install the config files you mention, though.

THanks Marc

Title
    Thanks
    Kojo_ I should also say that whatever I do on the webIF does not seem to have any consequence. I played around with these settings for ages, and then press yellow to restart displays and the lcd just stays black... Screenshot in the other post

Title
    Thanks
    are your picons channel reference ? Ex : 1_0_11_2077_52D0_7E_460000_0_0_0 . They must be in root directory/picon according your config. For changes you must always press save before they are visible.
    You press on small screen in webif and should see it changing.Config files is just copy in right directory with ftp program.If you cannot do that we cannot help you.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, they are the channel reference picons. and Yes they are in that directory. I have loaded the .config file into /etc and one of the configurations from the thread into the /etc/enigma2 directory. Then rebooted. Still a black screen staring at me. Nothing on it. No clock, no weather, no calendar, nothing. I can make changes via the webIF and they transfer but nothing I do there makes any difference.
    What else do I need to do?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing on it. No clock, no weather, no calendar, nothing. I can make changes via the webIF and they transfer but nothing I do there makes any difference.
    What if you disable every option you have selected in your screenshot (those that are in green) and start with simple option that should always work, like the clock. Once you have that figured out, then move to the next one.
    BTW, I have the exact same options in my picon -settings, so double check channel reference.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kojo_ For This Useful Post:

marcjens (13-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Kojo_ I hve figured out what the problem was: On my Global settings Screen 1 one was not set to the internal VU display but to some non-existing External display! Thanks for your trial and error tip that helped me identify where the problem was!

Title
    Thanks
    OK, so I got the basic display to work. How do I activate the weather display and Moon phase stuff? I installed the 2 weather plugins and got an openWeathermap API but then what do I do?

Title
    Thanks
    How do I activate the weather display and Moon phase stuff? I installed the 2 weather plugins and got an openWeathermap API but then what do I do?
    I have no idea. I find it kinda useless info in receivers, so never bothered to look into that.

Title
    Thanks
    New question: I managed to get the Left LCD to work, but now the middle display went black. I must have de-activated it. IS it also controlled via the webIF? and if so where and what is it referred to?
    Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    New question: I managed to get the Left LCD to work, but now the middle display went black. I must have de-activated it. IS it also controlled via the webIF? and if so where and what is it referred to?
    Thank you
    Never mind -- managed to get it back. But where do I control the options i.e. what's shown and what size etc?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Wrong place I know; We have used LCD4LINUX in our Duo2's for years and now have a pair of VU+ DUO4KSE's and assume it (LCD4LINUX) is not compatible, because it installs but doesn't seem to respond, nor is there any config directory in WebIF.

We use the latest VIX on our VU+'s here in inland Australia and am sad to report that my avatar is no longer after 13y, 11m and 3w of loyal work around our Sheep Station.

Thanks.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast