Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: help needed TM880hd

Title
    Thanks

help needed TM880hd

I had my TM9101 blow up on me and obtained a s/h TM8O0HD, the unit powers up and the screen saying "technomate Software" comes up, the IP address shows up then the box gets a blank screen with a white flashing small picture running up the screen on the left. Using DBedit i can talk to it or DCCried loading a BIN file image, it then reboots and gets black screen again.

Pressing the menu button or any button on front does nothing, the front screen at one point said loading PL1 E2, cant do factory reset or change the password using TM Control Centre.

Any comments would be appreciated

Regards

Bill

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If you have nothing important that needs saving, than flash another image.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Also make sure that the ribbon to the card reader is connected properly.
    Code:
    http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=feedback&num=365
    Flashing guide if you have not seen it already
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...flash-TM800-HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for thr reply, tried reflasing over Lan but same problem. Tried with USB and after several attempts the USB seemed to load, managed now to get into menu. So did factory reset, now get message saying software error, send some file to an address.
    Tried changing password and it wont, stays as all blanks
    Any suggestions

Bill

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Reflash again using USB and miniroot putting the USB stick in the rear USB slot, i only say use the rear one as if your box is like mine it will have the USB - HDD conversion installed where the HDD uses the front USB header to connect the HDD rather than the on board SATA connector that rarely works correctly.

this time use this image

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-lean-and-fast!

I have it on my TM800 and it works sweet.

There is a guide on Youtube that may help if you get stuck

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edG66xkkqF8
    Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    THanks for the reply will try new image as suggested, tried reflashing with DSteam image and had some success but couldnt set up the pasitioner,
    I was able to load plugins ove the net, so doesnt look like there is much wrong with box,
    Thans again for reply
    Bill