Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM Single-OE Newbie

Title
    Thanks

TM Single-OE Newbie

Purchased a TM Single OE to replace my Alien Box and loving my tm one which came with 4d pli image which is nice few things i cant quite get my head round and tried reading couple forums to see if theres any help so here it goes so far

ipk files i keep finding 2 ipk files usually say 1.6 and 2.0 pli 3.0 being on 4d this is a pli image, have been trying 1.6 as presume for TM this is the correct one and have been ftp the ipk file to var/volatile/temp then going to telnet am i using the right command by putting opkg install /tmp/*.ipk just sometimes get message saying error.

Secondly im wanting to change to vix image will i need factory reset or is it just a case of putting on memory stick and following the pdf guide i have found and also is there a limit to the size memory stick you can use ie alien shd was max of 4gb

thanks a lot
    regards
    jay

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayuk71 View Post
    Purchased a TM Single OE to replace my Alien Box and loving my tm one which came with 4d pli image which is nice few things i cant quite get my head round and tried reading couple forums to see if theres any help so here it goes so far

ipk files i keep finding 2 ipk files usually say 1.6 and 2.0 pli 3.0 being on 4d this is a pli image, have been trying 1.6 as presume for TM this is the correct one and have been ftp the ipk file to var/volatile/temp then going to telnet am i using the right command by putting opkg install /tmp/*.ipk just sometimes get message saying error.
    I cant help with the 4d image as i dont use it.

with the ViX image you simply FTP the .ipk file to /tmp/ or var/volotile/tmp/ then on the receiver navigate to the following.
    Blue button> ViX> install local extension>

or you can simply place the .ipk file onto a USB stick then while watching live tv ( making sure no menu's are open ), insert the stick into the receiver, you will then be presented with a yes / no nag screen asking if you wish to install the plugins.

p.s the ViX 3.0 image uses OE 2.0 based plugins.

Secondly im wanting to change to vix image will i need factory reset or is it just a case of putting on memory stick and following the pdf guide i have found and also is there a limit to the size memory stick you can use ie alien shd was max of 4gb
    I presume you are referring this guide ?.

How to flash a TM-SINGLE-OE
    Click Here

if yes just follow the instructions and you will be fine, there is no limit on USB size that i know of although i tend to use 2 or 4 GB sticks when flashing my receivers.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

jayuk71 (06-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Very informative thank you im certainly on the right tracks ..... yeah thats the guide ive downloaded and will follow that rather than the ones were forums say keep pressing exit i think it is either 10 times or seconds etc
    regards
    jay

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Very informative thank you im certainly on the right tracks ..... yeah thats the guide ive downloaded and will follow that rather than the ones were forums say keep pressing exit i think it is either 10 times or seconds etc
    regards
    jay
    Thats still in the tutorial i made ( the one i referred you to ), but it only has to be done once when booting the image for the first time after flashing a bootloader or loading Enigma2 onto a brand new virgin receiver to partition the flash properly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.