Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know what to do with.....?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drx360 View Post
    i do drop the boards in a bath of iso afterwards i did forget to mention that, but i always clean 1st with petrol and have a way higher success rate in bringing them back to life each to there own i guess, but it 100% works.
    I am an electronics engineer with over 20 years experience. I personally would not clean with petrol as phoenix states it is full of impurities and i can tell you it is very agressive and will in time destroy the electronic circuit . Cleaning with ISO is a far better method and industry approved.

The phones you have repaired using petrol id be interested whether they keep working after say 3 months..
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    I know this is a bit of a thread jack, but since it's in a similar vein...

I have a galaxy s2, which I dropped in a water bath. Nothing at all in the water at the time (just plain water from tap). I immediately removed the battery. Took it apart, and in a bag of rice in airing cupboard for a couple of weeks. Then, put it all together again, and tried it. Worked fine. But then, over the next couple of days, the screen started getting a purple tint to it, and then started turning whiter in colour, and then just completely stopped working...

The rest of the phone seems to work fine... I can turn it on, can see it working by using some software to connect to the phone over usb. Mic, speakers, earpiece all seem to work fine...

Do you reckon that if I get a replacement LCD Screen + Digitizer, and clean the main board in isopropelyne, it would work ok? It's been stored in a cupboard for the past year or so, but thinking I can replace the screen and give it to the missus to use if can replace for about £60... But, would it work in a long term fix you reckon? Is it work cleaning the main board after all this time, or would that cause more damage?

Cheers (not sure whether to move to it's own thread, or leave here as might give some insight to fixing the iPhone...)
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post

I have a galaxy s2, which I dropped in a water bath. Nothing at all in the water at the time (just plain water from tap). I immediately removed the battery. Took it apart, and in a bag of rice in airing cupboard for a couple of weeks. Then, put it all together again, and tried it. Worked fine. But then, over the next couple of days, the screen started getting a purple tint to it, and then started turning whiter in colour, and then just completely stopped working...

The rest of the phone seems to work fine... I can turn it on, can see it working by using some software to connect to the phone over usb. Mic, speakers, earpiece all seem to work fine...

Do you reckon that if I get a replacement LCD Screen + Digitizer, and clean the main board in isopropelyne, it would work ok? It's been stored in a cupboard for the past year or so, but thinking I can replace the screen and give it to the missus to use if can replace for about £60... But, would it work in a long term fix you reckon? Is it work cleaning the main board after all this time, or would that cause more damage?

Cheers (not sure whether to move to it's own thread, or leave here as might give some insight to fixing the iPhone...)
    although the water was clean the chlorine added to it at the water company's end is the bit that electronics dont tend to get along too well with and likely whats done the damage here, i would still give it a light clean with white spirit just to be safe and it's worth trying a new digitizer and LCD as there relatively cheep. The main thing here that likely saved the phone from long term damage was that you instantly removed the battery.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    If everything working apart from screen tinting / clouding i would try changing screen should cost £20-£30 . As for cleaning would not do any harm using isoprop but remember to let it air dry for at least 10 mins before powering back on.
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post

without looking at it i would say lcd has gone if the rest of the phone is still working, you might not even need to clean the board, replace the lcd not sure if they are sep from digitizer on s2's without checking(as i only work on iphones) and take it from there.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garyblas View Post
    I am an electronics engineer with over 20 years experience. I personally would not clean with petrol as phoenix states it is full of impurities and i can tell you it is very agressive and will in time destroy the electronic circuit . Cleaning with ISO is a far better method and industry approved.

The phones you have repaired using petrol id be interested whether they keep working after say 3 months..
    they have all worked fine mate, no problems. cleaned with petrol for 5 mins with soft tooth brush then a 30 second bath/rinse in iso. the boards are not soaked in petrol just cleaned.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    For anyone who is in the same situation that i found myself in..

Code:
    www.icloud.com
    with your itunes details.. and everything is there for you to see on your iphone at last sync..

Hope this helps some of you guys..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (02-06-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12