Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disc installation/initialisation illustrated tutorial v2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    you dont need to format your hard drive, when you upgrade to 2.0 it will already be initialized. when you have installed, do a full software update first, then you can download plugins. you will need to install cccam manually as it isnt in the plugins menu no more

check the post here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...iX-Team-images

you will need to do your settings all over again, so make sure you take a backup via DreamBox Edit of your bouqets etc. once you have flashed then you can restore bouqets back via dreambox edit. Do not restore from previous settings when you flash and go through the initial setup guide as vix 2.0 might not work properly.

If you get stuck just ask and anyone will help ya here
    Last edited by punisher; 14-02-11 at 13:20.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Channo786 (14-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have followed this guide all went well until I got to the initialistion which came you the the error below. Using old external Maxtor 500gb which had 2 partitions with permissions. I used used windows 7 to format it and remove partitions.

Also tried to telnet into the Vuo Duo and I get asked for USER PASS tried
    User :root
    Pass :dreambox

and
    User :root
    Pass :

with no luck

Initalizing storage device....
    Error: or by label.using -L label or by uuid.
    using -U uuid.
    Other option: [-ntfsvw][-o options][-p passwdfd]
    For many more details, say man 8 mount.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm guessing that you are not using the original image as I've read several similar threads and this seems to be the problem. The recommendation has been to reflash with the original image, format the disc, and then reflash with whatever you wish to use.

For telnet, try root/vuduo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xarqi For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (01-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi xarqi now all sorted after reading the other thread. Maybe a sticky saying VIX 2 cannot format your hard drive use VIX 1.3 would save people a lot of time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i done every thing as described, and works 100%, there is one problem, when i restart the box it takes about 6min, then it does not reconise the hdd drive then i had to do all over agin,
    what could be the reason ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i am useing blackhole v1.4.5 image

Title
    Thanks
    to be clear, you used the hard drive straight out of the box? no need for making an active partition?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_inc View Post
    to be clear, you used the hard drive straight out of the box? no need for making an active partition?
    That's right. I installed mine exactly as delivered, with no prior initialisation or formatting or similar. Out of the box, into the Duo, then initialised by the Duo. I assume that the drive was preformatted by Samsung as some sort of Windows format, but I've no idea what or if that is in any way relevant, but I'd be surprised if it was.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xarqi For This Useful Post:

hex_inc (04-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Just about to fit a samsung 2tb drive into my duo - any need for jumoers to be fitted or just go ahead and fit without?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    No the samsung 2tb is fitted just like any other Hard Drive and just needs initializing after installation before it can be used
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

daveejay (06-06-11)

kingy29
    I am going to exchange my HD for a Samsung 2TB and would like to partion the drive. Could someone explain how to do this task I presume I will have to do this on my PC before fixing into my Vu

Title
    Thanks
    Partition with easeus partition manager, google it.
    I installed a samsung 1.5tb into my sis new duo last night, it will not initialize in vix no matter what.
    Only way round it was install a vu genuine image i installed the latest june 2011 image, initialized which took approx 1 minute, then installed vix 2.2 and now hard drive all working, no need to initialize again in new image

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingy29 View Post
    I am going to exchange my HD for a Samsung 2TB and would like to partion the drive. Could someone explain how to do this task I presume I will have to do this on my PC before fixing into my Vu
    Can partition on the linux boxes simply... Here's a little guide...

If you use the initialise command within e2, then that will usually remove any partitions you just created... So, you will manually need to format the partitions, and create the /media/hdd/movie folder...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Is it ok to install the SATA HDD before ever switching the Duo on after purchasing it?

Thats my plan anyways - thought it would save some time and have read its best to initialise with the standard image rather than flashing an image and then attempting.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Well wen i got my duo i opened it up and before switchin it on connected up hdd then flashed vix image amd then initialized hdd and that was it all set up and running. Some have had to flash original image in order to get hdd initialized and then flash their desired image. But its upto u mate
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast