Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: arriva 102e hd overall review/problems

Title
    Thanks

arriva 102e hd overall review/problems

The arriva 102e hd is a very nice looking box, the menu system is quite nice, better than my previous skybox f3, this is really the main plus point.

the negatives i have found are:

1. The box will not find all sly channels, a blind scan fixes this but then it brings up problem 2.
    2. sly sports 2 hd will not display unless you change the transponder settings everytime you wish to switch back and forth between every other channel and slysports 2 hd, this is time consuming and negates being able to set the box to record from this channel as you will not be their to manually change the transponder settings.
    3. Channel lists are pretty much non existant for this box, and with so many channels, some carrying data, and so many versions of the same channel it would take weeks to gather a reasonable channel list.
    4. The box have developed what appears to be rebooting itself every hour or so, this is very similar to the problem i had with my skybox f3, I wonder if they share some chips which inherently go down after a few months of use?

Overall, you pay for what you get, i understand this but a stable box which allows channels to be displayed without having to regularly change transponder settings, is at least what i expected, the ultra cheap f3hd did this and also had better support regarding channel lists. My next box will more than likely be a vu plus genuine, i dont need all the plugins/extras just want a stable working box with decent channel lists no settings changing to view channels and a decent epg, Im hoping i can return the ferguson and pay extra for a decent, well supported box.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to merlin77 For This Useful Post:

Gaastra (26-05-13)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    1) No issues like that here, ensure in your satellite setup both 28.2 and 28.4 are select then run a blindscan. Some channels will not be tuned if they are not broadcasting such as some BBC channels.
    2) answered above.
    3) Theres a PC channel editor available, nothing stopping you creating a list yourself.
    4) Try upgrading to latest firmware, do a factory reset straight afterwards and setup as new. Also check the batteries in the remote. Never heard of such an issue and no such other reports posted here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I recently bought one of these myself, I don't know about Sky sports etc as I don't watch sports and using the default firmware, but the rebooting issue mine is having too. It does get worse.

The shop have agreed to swap it, refund it or replace it as there is a fault with ALI or something on these? But I thought I'd check on here first before I make a decision.

This box is in my bedroom and just picks up Freesat, the EPG is awful but I put up with it for the price and channel scanning is a pain, but now the rebooting thing has constantly started I am weary about getting another one. I have a VU+ Solo2 Downstairs from World of Satellite and they have been very helpful, I'm thinking about getting a refund and buying a VU+ Solo from World Of Satellite as the VU+ Solo2 is fantastic. And their service has been excellent when I had a few issues with getting the Solo2 set up, send it back to where you bought it from and pay the extra.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RustySpoons For This Useful Post:

Gaastra (26-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for your reply, im doing as suggested now. Ill post if it helps.

Title
    Thanks
    Im just following your advice and that of worldofsattelite direct support, ill post if it helps the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    1) No issues like that here, ensure in your satellite setup both 28.2 and 28.4 are select then run a blindscan. Some channels will not be tuned if they are not broadcasting such as some BBC channels.
    2) answered above.
    3) Theres a PC channel editor available, nothing stopping you creating a list yourself.
    4) Try upgrading to latest firmware, do a factory reset straight afterwards and setup as new. Also check the batteries in the remote. Never heard of such an issue and no such other reports posted here.
    Last edited by merlin77; 23-05-13 at 14:27.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried the latest software? the shop sent me some and also a link to a Polish website, it didn't work for me but you may have better luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RustySpoons For This Useful Post:

merlin77 (23-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    scanned with 28.4 and now get sly sports hd2, then went to stock firmware, factory reset and watching terrestrial tv, ie emmerdale ffs lol, box has rebooted itself and also froze in 2 seperate incidents.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin77 View Post
    scanned with 28.4 and now get sly sports hd2, then went to stock firmware, factory reset and watching terrestrial tv, ie emmerdale ffs lol, box has rebooted itself and also froze in 2 seperate incidents.
    I'd advise to test on a different LNB/Feed. You could have a short in your LNB/Feed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    with 28.2 and 28.4 the scrolling through channel bouquets is now very slow, sometimes not responding for upto 10 seconds, the box appears to be worse not better, ill try my box on another setup tomorrow, and i got an old sly freeview box i can try on my setup, i dont believe its my connection as i have had a dm800, skybox f3 and now this all on the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'd advise to test on a different LNB/Feed. You could have a short in your LNB/Feed.