Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: recommend a receiver

Title
    Thanks

recommend a receiver

Sorry to post another one of these recommend a receiver threads but i am totally lost on what to pick.

At the moment i have an old TM 6800 whith a twin lnb and discq motor, i will only probably be using it for satellite viewing as i have a HTPC in the unit next to it for all media functions.

I was looking at the TM -2T and the solo2 but can't justify the extra £100 (nearly) for the solo2.

So my main points would be good timeshift, epg, and twin tuners what would you recommend

Thanks

Robert

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

recommend a receiver

Quote Originally Posted by robti View Post
    Sorry to post another one of these recommend a receiver threads but i am totally lost on what to pick.

At the moment i have an old TM 6800 whith a twin lnb and discq motor, i will only probably be using it for satellite viewing as i have a HTPC in the unit next to it for all media functions.

I was looking at the TM -2T and the solo2 but can't justify the extra £100 (nearly) for the solo2.

So my main points would be good timeshift, epg, and twin tuners what would you recommend

Thanks

Robert
    The TM 2T is a very nice and capable little receiver but at the moment it is suffering a few driver related issues affecting recordings etc, other than that the hardware is great for the price and i use one my self. The solo2 for the extra price is in a totally different universe to the 2T and comparing the two is a very difficult thing as they are intended for totally different markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    they are intended for totally different markets.
    Can you expand on this please

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

recommend a receiver

Quote Originally Posted by robti View Post
    Can you expand on this please
    There just totally different machines, the solo2 is currently the most powerful satellite receiver you can buy, capable of on the fly transcoding so that you can stream live content through the Internet to a iPad for example. The TM is a decent little work house but its like comparing a Ferrari with a ford Mondeo.

They will both do every thing you need but one will do that and more while still having more in the tank.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Buy the solo2 you won't go wrong, best bit of kit on the market and least hassle getting things working on it ie sub tuners etc .

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?