Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Ondemand

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Ondemand

Hi all

I have a TM-2T and installed the ONdemand plugin. I changed the setting in the menu config to enable HD quality streams, yet on all players, the stream quality is quite poor SD at best. Is there a newer plugin out there or do I need to change any settings. Using Vix Image 649 and 39mb download speed

thanks for any help or suffestions

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    HD streaming will only work where the service provides it and where the program in question has a HD version. at present i believe this is only available on the BBC iplayer and ITV player, although i could be wrong.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Pheonix

Tried both the ITV player and BBCi player with programs that I know should have and HD stream (checked using Sly) and quality isn't brilliant, I presume, the way the plugin works is it automatically finds the best definition possible (if you have selected high or HD quality). I realise that it is off the Vix feeds at the moment but could anybody point me in the right direction to download the current version just in case I have the wrong one.

A complete novice to this and still learning

Thanks for quick response

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Ondemand

If your using the latest stable ViX image and downloaded OnDemand from the plugin feeds you will have the latest version.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is the latest VIX but I could not find it on the extensions on the feeds, so I downloaded an IPK file from elsewhere (think it may have been the alpha version), is it back up on the Vix feeds now.

Sorry for all the questions Pheonix, really appreciate the help

Thanks
    Scott

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Ondemand

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcroberts View Post
    It is the latest VIX but I could not find it on the extensions on the feeds, so I downloaded an IPK file from elsewhere (think it may have been the alpha version), is it back up on the Vix feeds now.

Sorry for all the questions Pheonix, really appreciate the help

Thanks
    Scott
    Fully remove the version on the box now and reboot. Then go to the plugins and look in the extensions or system plugins heading. ( not near a reveiver at present so cant be 100 percent sure ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    will do that tonight when I get home, will let you know how I get on

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Pheonix, forgot to thank you for advice on this thread, did exactly what you said and it certainly seems to be a lot better, cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcroberts View Post
    Hi Pheonix, forgot to thank you for advice on this thread, did exactly what you said and it certainly seems to be a lot better, cheers
    cool and thanks for keeping us informed on how things went.

SIMPLES.