Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 102 mini Wi-fi issue

Title
    Thanks

102 mini Wi-fi issue

Hello all

I know there is already a similar post on this but my issue is different.

Okay so I have so far patched this to the latest 1.22 B5.

I have the W02 adapter which is plugged is picked up by the 102 mini, I go to Wi-Fi Manager and scan and it doesn't pick up my network. I thought it may be the distance so I moved it right next to the router and still no luck.
    I also set the router security to open and still no luck, doesn't seem to find any networks and I know there are at least 3 within range.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Bump.....bump

Title
    Thanks
    As no one has answered you and as an engineer im guna try to help you.
    I would set about trying to find out the cause of the problem by process of elimination. Do not cahnge more than one thing at a time and take one peace out of the loop each time and repeat process.
    My first tought would be the Wifi adapter maybe faulty so if you can try another wifi adapter. If you dont have one try your adapter in another machine EG another setop box PC or laptop. If this dosent work try another router or access point. Once you have found out the Wifi adapter is working and not faulty you need to double check all the settings on the 102 and if these are fine reflash the firmware. Do this in the correct order EG factory reset first!!! then flash new/same firmware then again Factory reset and at this point go test the wifi again. This way you make sure its not something you have done in the setup of the firmware or a bug that is happening when you add channels for instance.
    If you still get no joy I would contact the supplier for advice as its probably a fault on the 102. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 17-06-13 at 14:33.