Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Technomate?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, cost isn't the problem confidence on being able to deal with a different box is, but will keep listening to what you guys are saying.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    To be completely honest if you buy another TM800 you will be wasting your money. Its highly unlikely that any more images will ever be released for this box, its also only a matter of time before the download server for the TM800 images is switched off too.

I know its nice to work with a box you are familiar with, but to be totally honest if you can use a TM800 you can use any other Enigma 2 box, they all operate in more or less the same way. I like my TM800 but there's no way i would buy another one when there are better boxes on the market for more or less the same price.

At the end of the day its your choice which box you buy, we can only try and guide you when deciding which box to buy.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

3. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well Nano, I have decided to go for the TM single. In all the years I had the 800 I didn't find the need for a twin tuner so I'll keep things simple (if you can call it that)
    It will be a few days before I get it and will need to set it up to my motor and location etc... that shouldn't be a problem but I have three sets of text to enter on the cccam
    which may be, a little help there would be appreciated but I'll try myself first and see how I get on.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tow164 View Post
    Well Nano, I have decided to go for the TM single.
    Good choice, fantastic box
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tow164 View Post
    have three sets of text to enter on the cccam
    which may be, a little help there would be appreciated but I'll try myself first and see how I get on.
    just put said txt into a blank file as stated in the guide FTP it to the box and away you go
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

7. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Don't worry about setting up the emus, i will go through that with you when you have the box.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

9. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, not sure how to do that but Nano is on my case so I should be O.K. But don,t go away will you!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll let you Know when I am ready I am looking forward to using a box that I don't have to fight with all the time, I will still have a go at the 800
    take it apart, look for dry joints etc.. (it comes and goes) so there is a chance but just for the experience. also when ordering the box from W.o.S. i take it i get the Vix
    setup rather than the TM setup?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Remove the ribbon between the main board and the card reader. That sometimes causes start up issues on the TM800

13. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (06-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks I,ll Try that and let you Know.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Removed the ribbon but no difference still gets to 65% and remains there, I have tried the on/off button on start-up but the box just talks to itself 127.0.0.1 so I cant re-flash.
    I now have the single set up to my motor coordinates and it is fine finding all sats available but can,t find a way into Cccam, it's set for 221 but that as far as i can get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12