Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Technomate?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

New Technomate?

Hi Guys, My name is Tow164 and have just joined today and thought I would get stuck in right away,
    I suppose the main reason i have joined is to get some info on the latest technomates having seen them
    advertised BY W.O.S. who advise would be buyers that these boxes need a certain amount of technical know-how.
    I am not sure how much is needed currently I can add an image and c***** to a TM 800 so would I be able to manage
    the new models such as the single or twin? any advice would be appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you can work a TM800 you can work any of the new TM Linux models.

The main differences are that the boxes are a lot faster and have a better choice of images available to them. Support for the TM800 has more or less stopped now, which is a shame as things may have got better for it.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

3. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (03-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Nano, There is a new one called a "single" which looks suspiciously like an 800 to me, is it just a faster model re-labeled do you think?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: New Technomate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tow164 View Post
    Thanks Nano, There is a new one called a "single" which looks suspiciously like an 800 to me, is it just a faster model re-labeled do you think?
    The only thing it shares is the chassis or casing, otherwise its nothing at all like the TM800. The TM single is a full blown broadcom based E2 receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (03-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As to is the TM-2T, which is a cracking bit of kit
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (03-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: New Technomate?

Quote Originally Posted by nanochickin View Post
    As to is the TM-2T, which is a cracking bit of kit
    Cant disagree there, mine is a fantastic little box ( 2T ). Just needs a few more niggles ironing out but other than that its as good if not better than either of my Vu+ Duo's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (03-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for your comments I don't really need a twin tuner, as it sounds very complicated plus you are always limited to the one transponder anyway (I think)
    I'm just a bit scared of getting into something that i don't fully understand, so maybe a new 800 to replace the on that died is my best option!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tow164 View Post
    Thanks guys for your comments I don't really need a twin tuner, as it sounds very complicated plus you are always limited to the one transponder anyway (I think)
    I'm just a bit scared of getting into something that i don't fully understand, so maybe a new 800 to replace the on that died is my best option!
    I really would not waste any more money on the TM800, go for a proper E2 receiver such as the 2T and you wont be sorry.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    I have the Single and Twin. Both are proper receivers and work as how E2 receivers should work. The TM800 does not. Whichever of the two you buy you will not be disappointed. However, I would recommend buying a twin tuner receiver. You are not correct about one transponder. Two tuners are independent. You record several channels on one transponder of one tuner and do the same for the other tuner. Once we had two web browsers watching two different channels and the TV on another.

There are a couple fo niggles though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you going to spend £130 on a TM800 you may aswell go for the Maxview XP1000. It works in more or less the same way as the TM800 but it is a lot faster and runs a lot better than the TM800. There is also upto date software available for it.

The TM800 is a Dinosaur now that is no longer supported. If you can setup a TM800 you can set up an XP1000. There is loads of help here if you do get stuck and if you get it from the forum sponsor it will arrive on your door running which ever firmware on it you wish.

All you will have to do is scan the satellite and set up the emus so you can use it in the same way as you did with your old TM800.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (05-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Technomate them selves have stated officially that the TM800 is now obsolete and no longer supported so it would be a big mistake to buy one new now knowing this, when there are many other true E2 boxes that you can buy for just a little more that have full support and will continue to have full support for some time to come.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (04-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes of course, its the sat that counts, my system is motorized and I was thinking different sats. but that's not my problem as i don't tend to record much.
    The info I am really after is as follows (and I am trying very hard not to break rules here)
    on the 800 you would use the on/off button on the box to access the (for want of a better word) the image setup) and the O.K. button (on switch on after 100%)
    to access the cam settings. is the same system used on these other boxes or would i have to learn something new? I would be very grateful for any further info.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at that one, but i am very cautious and would probably feel more confident with a TM I have sent a reply to
    abu baniaz which might give you an idea what I am after but don't want to get banned in my first week!!!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    take a look at this its a guide to set up a new VIX based box.. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-set-up-guide

as for the question in your second to last post its not that different at all
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

23. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

Tow164 (04-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, had a look and confidence is growing but will sift for more info before decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast