Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to USB flash/upgrade Technomate TM-Twin-OE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up How to USB flash/upgrade Technomate TM-Twin-OE

Guide how to USB flash / upgrade a Technomate TM-Twin-OE.

1) Download your preferred image.
    2) Format a USB stick FAT32 on your PC, leave the stick connected to your PC.
    3) Power off your receiver, Via the rear rocker switch.
    4) Extract the rar or zip file and copy the complete update folder to the root of your USB stick.
    5) Now check the file stucture on your USB stick. You should have update > tmtwinoe > cfe > image flash files inside this folder.
    6) Remove USB stick from PC and connect to receiver.
    7) Power on the receiver, when you receive the message on your TV screen press OK on the front panel.
    8) Wait for the flashing process to complete, do not power off until the complete message is on your TV screen.
    9) Once complete remove the USB stick, start repeatedly pressing EXIT button on front panel and keep repeatedly pressing EXIT for 10 seconds after power on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

7ama-qoto (19-09-13),abu baniaz (02-04-13),bassethound (02-04-13),nipperlocko (18-07-13),robbo_28 (03-06-15),saxon (05-03-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    New .pdf tutorial added to the first post.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Could step 3 be changed to say power off the receiver from the rear using the rocker switch? Avoids somone thinking of using the power switch on the front.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Could step 3 be changed to say power off the receiver from the rear using the rocker switch? Avoids somone thinking of using the power switch on the front.
    Done, thanks.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I have one of the first tm twins which wont update by just using the usb. I cant remember what I need to press to get it to the update screen, can anyone help?

Title
    Thanks
    You probably have an old bootloader. Try flashing that first. You woukld probably fare better if you start a new thread with the problems as this is a guide to flashing thread.

Title
    Thanks
    its Boot Loader 07-11-12

Title
    Thanks
    Do you get the new software found prompt?
    I take it you have tried different flash drives just in case.
    In fat32 format, not exfat, ntfs or ext.
    No other USB devices plugged in, tried rear USB port instead of front one?
    Someone posted some time ago about having to use an older 4D image first before the receiver would take an image. Maybe you can try them and post back with image details if this works.

If above does not apply, ring TM and post the fix here.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, id just like to say i encountered some difficulties today flashing the latest image 3.0.762.
    I had tried the auto update, but that didnt work and i read on here that its advised to use USB for this upgrade, so I did.
    I got hold of the image direct from OpenVix dowloads and put it on my USB.
    I then spent a good hour assuming i had crashed my box and corrupted the flash. It was stuck in a loop showing the splash screen, and then instantly resetting itself.
    I then reflashed the bootloader, sucess, even though it was the latest version anyway and tried the image again, still no joy.
    Same old splash screen / reboot / splash acreen / splash .........
    reflash the bootloader, it took it, try the image it wont.....
    It was then i realised that the directory structure in the image zip was different to the structure in the bootloader zip.
    In the bootloader it is \update\tmtwin\cfe and in the image it is zip\update\tmtwinoe\cfe
    I took the image files and added them to the bootloader directory structure and it worked.
    So, everybody ensure that the directory structure has the letters oe taken off the tmtwin if downloading from openvix.
    Could a mod please get the original file fixed as well?

But thanks to openvix for the great work they do.

Title
    Thanks
    hi done all this and no luck must be doing something wrong guys carried t out to the letter

peteresp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Guide how to USB flash / upgrade a Technomate TM-Twin-OE.

1) Download your preferred image.
    2) Format a USB stick FAT32 on your PC, leave the stick connected to your PC.
    3) Power off your receiver, Via the rear rocker switch.
    4) Extract the rar or zip file and copy the complete update folder to the root of your USB stick.
    5) Now check the file stucture on your USB stick. You should have update > tmtwinoe > cfe > image flash files inside this folder.
    6) Remove USB stick from PC and connect to receiver.
    7) Power on the receiver, when you receive the message on your TV screen press OK on the front panel.
    8) Wait for the flashing process to complete, do not power off until the complete message is on your TV screen.
    9) Once complete remove the USB stick, start repeatedly pressing EXIT button on front panel and keep repeatedly pressing EXIT for 10 seconds after power on.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If your trying to flash one of the newer OpenViX Zeus image builds you will first need to flash a new bootloader ( for the technomate receivers ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I am closing this thread to prevent hijacks. If you have a problem, start your own support thread.