Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 1-Channel Problem

Title
    Thanks

1-Channel Problem

I have a recent Solo 2 from WoS with the supplied VIX image. It has been working fine but was very glitchy when using 1-channel. In an attempt to improve matters I loaded a different 1-channel file. This got through the menus to the movies list more reliably than before but caused a new problem. Now when I click on a movie file I briefly see the player skin appear towards the bottom of the screen and then get what seems to be a new directory screen opening. At the top I see HDD\movies (or similar). to the right there is a box defined by orange lines with the movie file name at the top. At the bottom of the screen are the coloured function buttons. The first two are unlabelled and the third and fourth say 'location' and 'sort' . If I press the button for 'location' I can see the various files in the HD directory displayed on the left side. I don't seem to be able to move beyond this screen to view the movie.

I am new to Linux and am not sure whether this is a fault requiring the image to be re-flashed or if there is a simpler solution. It seems to me I may be trying to save the movie and there is possibly a path issue. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Title
    Thanks
    what you describe happens when 1channel is unable to open a link to the movie, when this happens just press your exit button and you will return to the 1channel index.
    try a different link.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to roy0110 For This Useful Post:

Citizen33 (29-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, but the symptoms I have described come up every time I select a film file. I could press exit and select another file 20 times (or until the crash screen comes up) and it is the same each time. I am assuming that you are correct to say the screen I have described is the one that appears when a film is not available on some versions of 1-channel, but in fact it was not the screen I was seeing when a file wasn't available on the earlier version of the plug-in,. With that version I was sometimes getting through to view the film. I am still uncertain whether another version of the plug-in may solve my problem or if I have done something to the image.

Title
    Thanks
    P.S. I seem to have solved the problem now. I loaded a July 2012 version of the plug-in (must be the fourth version I've tried), took out the USB files, and found it worked. Makes my questions above look a bit silly, but there do seem to be several versions of 1-channel in circulation that don't work with the Solo 2 using VIX. This one still crashes quite a bit mind!
    Last edited by Citizen33; 29-03-13 at 17:44.