Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Grainy borders of screen

Title
    Thanks

Grainy borders of screen

Hello all. Just purchased a new VU+ Solo2 and I was wondering if anybody else has stumbled to the similar issue.
    There is grainy borders as you can see on the images attached. Thickness of these grainy edges are just as thick as the area you can see around the UI.

Borders disappears instantly when adjusting whatever setting found in UI Position Setup menu (user interface visibility, move left/right etc). There is no need to save settings, but borders dissappears instantly when adjusting above mentioned setting only one step. BUT grainy borders will allways be back when waking up from deep standby.

The issue wasn't visible when I tried to get screencapture using OpenWebif, therefore actual digipics attached.

Box type is Vu+ Solo2, OpenVIX -build 632 with ViX-Night-HD skin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnttiP; 25-03-13 at 16:42.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes mine did something similuar with an early build. I just did a factory reset and it was fine after that..
    Last edited by craig37; 25-03-13 at 16:51.
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Grainy borders of screen

Its likely a issue with overscan on the actual TV it self rather than the receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your answers.

I haven't tried that factory reset trick yet. Because of lack of time, I wouldn't like to make reset if there exists another solution. I'm also a new to VU+ and therefore I got a preconfigured image and the issue was there from the first start.

However, I'm not expert of TV technology, but does that size of grained area sugges that it's not related to overscan of TV? If I adjust the size of menu UI, the size of the grained area varies too. Please, see the another attached image. Now the UI width is adjusted much smaller. You can see the area where the menu appears when pressing menu button.
    That also gives possible workaround: resize the UI to fullfill the whole display area. But still, there is something wrong?

Forgot to mention, grained area is stable. No flickering etc. Only true image coming through transparent spots. And type of the TV is Sony KDL-40W4220

Thank you for your efforts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnttiP; 25-03-13 at 17:37.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Grainy borders of screen

A factory reset wont help all that will do is wipe the user settings and plugins in the image, returning it to as if it were just flashed. Google overscan and your tv model number to see how to turn it on / off and see if that resolves your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    also, check
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings & change the Mode to see if it resolves it.

Title
    Thanks
    I think, the Normal/Full pixel setting on the TV disables/enables overscan? If I select 'full pixel' the grained area becomes ever thicker.

Tried also Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings -> Mode and several other settings too, but doesn't make any difference. Only setting which makes borders disappear till the next cold boot, is UI-position setting.

chucknorris666

Grainy borders of screen

I had this on my solo 2 turned out it was the overscan on my Sony tv once I switched this off the image fitted in the screen perfect with no need for adjustments or fuzzy lines

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try menu\setup\user inface and then increase width. this worked for me

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baz135 For This Useful Post:

byson1984 (28-04-13),superlav (31-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baz135 View Post
    Try menu\setup\user inface and then increase width. this worked for me
    I had the same issue... this also worked fine for me!

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar thing happen but only when I put the Vu+ onto a 3D channel and only when the 3D mode has been entered.
    Right up until that point, the picture was perfect. As soon as the TV entered 3D mode, I would get about an inch of graphical glitching just down the left and right hand sides of the TV.

It didn't happen every time and when it does happen, I managed to get rid of it temporarily by playing with the 3D mode setting in the following menu:

MENU ->- SETUP ->- SYSTEM ->- USER INTERFACE ->- 3D SETUP ->- MODE

Everywhere else the screen looked fine apart from when the TV went into 3D mode.
    I think the problem is the same as mentioned above though, when I first setup the VU+ Solo2 box on my new Panasonic 3D TV, I refined the Vu's UI by editing the settings in menu below, adjusting the screen right to the edge of the TV's display.
    By going back in and making sure the UI is not over-bleeding the TV's display, this too seems to have gotten rid of the graphical glitches.

MENU ->- SETUP ->- SYSTEM ->- USER INTERFACE ->- POSITION SETUP

Title
    Thanks
    The only way is setup,system,av settings and change the mode from 1080i to 576p. This resolved mine

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The post you've replied to is over 3 years old.

Title
    Thanks
    Doesn't mean someone new hasn't the same problem. Me, for instance.