Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vu+ uno sticks on starting.....

Title
    Thanks

vu+ uno sticks on starting.....

if i restart enigma2 it reboots fine.
    if however i restart box, it switches off, comes back on, but sticks on starting.....

i have to switch it off at the back (which i heard was bad for the box) then it comes back on fine.
    running build 600 of vix.

Title
    Thanks
    update....
    just updated image from 630 to 632, i left it to update and reboot.
    again the same problem, sticks on starting..........
    so i have had to switch it off and on manually (which i dont like doing)

i updated my other vu+uno receiver's image from 630 to 632 and it rebooted and restarted no problem.

would a factory reset and reflash be any point?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    all a factory reset will do is return the image back to standard, ie remove any customisations such as plugins you have installed.

it's very possible that the box is performing a disk check hence the slow start up but without a bootlog generated during the start up with a rs232 putty session there would be no real concrete way to know.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks,
    how long is a "slow start up"?
    there is a 500GB HDD in there.
    i have left it 30 mins before turning it off and on manually.
    next time i need to restart i can leave it longer if need be.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    an average startup should be under 1 minute 30 seconds. although mine has been known to sit there for 10 minutes before i just powered it off, thats said mine is a pre-release beta version ( the receiver not the image ).

it should not make a bit of difference but you could try loading the original Vu image to the receiver then reflash ViX or what every image you choose after.

you could also try ruling out the HDD by unplugging it and trying a reboot see if it makes any difference.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i'll follow your advice with the image, if that fails i'll go with the HDD unplugging although i had the same problem while using another HDD before the one thats installed now, the original one i used was brand new.
    if the problem persists i will think about returning it for a replacement.
    do you think the non-restarting problem is sufficient grounds to ask for a replacement?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not sure to be honest but it would cost you nothing to speak to your supplier to see what the say about it, they may be able to help you find the fault.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks,
    supplier is forum sponsor, would sending them a pm pointing them to this thread be the way to go about it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have you tried without network cable plugged in?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (16-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Have you tried without network cable plugged in?
    well no, i have no idea what to try apart from what people suggest.
    i have never heard of unplugging network cables after updating an image, there is no mention of it in the user manual, nor do i do it with my other vu+uno.
    of course im willing to try it along with any other suggestions.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy0110 View Post
    well no, i have no idea what to try apart from what people suggest.
    i have never heard of unplugging network cables after updating an image, there is no mention of it in the user manual, nor do i do it with my other vu+uno.
    of course im willing to try it along with any other suggestions.
    There was a problem a little while ago where some receivers would not properly boot up with the network cable inserted, still to this day i dont know why but rite now were just trying to eliminate as many possible things as the cause of your issues.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Do as follows: -

1) Fresh flash lastest build 632.
    2) Straight after completing the startup wizard re-initialize your HDD. Menu > Setup > System > Hard disk > Initialize. Exit out of all screens and wait for the pop up window saying 100% complete.
    3) Do not restore any backups or install 3rd plugins, especially TSpanel. Only install a softcam if you use one.

Once setup, reboot, hold down standby button on remote and select restart. Check HDD is mounted to /media/hdd, blue button > ViX > Mount manager.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Do as follows: -

1) Fresh flash lastest build 632.
    2) Straight after completing the startup wizard re-initialize your HDD. Menu > Setup > System > Hard disk > Initialize. Exit out of all screens and wait for the pop up window saying 100% complete.
    3) Do not restore any backups or install 3rd plugins, especially TSpanel. Only install a softcam if you use one.

Once setup, reboot, hold down standby button on remote and select restart. Check HDD is mounted to /media/hdd, blue button > ViX > Mount manager.
    right, i unplugged network cable, restarted and problem persisted.
    i unplugged HDD, booted up, restarted, problem persisted.
    put HDD back in, followed sicilian suggestion then restarted with and without network cable and still box wont restart until i physically switch off and on with power button at the back.
    please note i had to perform the power off and on action immediately after reflashing with build 632 as it wouldnt restart naturally.

any other suggestions please?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Please list an exact step by step of what you are doing after a fresh re-flash.

How long are you actually waiting for starting to end?

Have you waited then tried to tune to a channel instead of powering off? Pressing menu bring anything on screen?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    i perform a fresh flash, press ch- on request, display reads update!, reading usb, erasing files etc then receiver reboots as normal part of flash process, display comes back on and says starting......

i have left it 30 mins before turning it off and on manually.
    next time i need to restart i can leave it longer if need be.
    i have tried to select a channel, menu etc , but while its stuck on starting..... nothing is ever displayed on tv, no openvix screen, the remote does nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast