Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vu+ uno sticks on starting.....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    could you have changed the remote code while using a previous build?
    maybe try resetting it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    could you have changed the remote code while using a previous build?
    maybe try resetting it.
    remote control is working fine, i have no problem with it.

Title
    Thanks
    bringing this back up as i have noticed another difference between the two uno's.

my second box that restarts fine works like this
    box performs update, display shows starting.....
    box goes off
    comes back on with starting on display
    vu+ uno on display
    booting on display
    bunch of numbers counting up to 99 ( happens so fast cant recall all the numbers)
    openvix splashscreen then the channels come on.

on the suspect box
    after update the sticks with starting.... in the display
    i manually switch it off, wait a few seconds and switch back on
    display shows starting
    display shows vu+ uno and a red LED (it has always done this, just never noticed that it was a difference between the two boxes)
    display shows booting
    bunch of numbers counting up to 99 ( happens so fast cant recall all the numbers)

i read somewhere the red LED could be a sign of failing capacitors but it has done this from new.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy0110 View Post
    bringing this back up as i have noticed another difference between the two uno's.

my second box that restarts fine works like this
    box performs update, display shows starting.....
    box goes off
    comes back on with starting on display
    vu+ uno on display
    booting on display

on the suspect box
    after update the sticks with starting.... in the display
    i manually switch it off, wait a few seconds and switch back on
    display shows starting
    display shows vu+ uno and a red LED (it has always done this, just never noticed that it was a difference between the two boxes)
    display shows booting

i read somewhere the red LED could be a sign of failing capacitors but it has done this from new.
    Sorry to jump on this thread, however I have exactly the same problem. I have 4 Uno's all from the sponsor and only one is doing the same thing...red led etc .

i occasionally have to leave it turned off for 10mins or so before it will properly reboot and go through the cycle. i also read it being linked to power supply or capacitors.
    quite fustrating really as i am unable to reboot the box from the remote or menus also causes problems when updating images ans the box will try and restart itself and fail.
    any help would be appreciated.

Burnham
    You have opened another thread - it is best to stick to just one thread.

It seems to me you were given good advice on that thread. When you go from old images to a current image you can't copy over settings from before. You should set everything up from scratch again.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    You have opened another thread - it is best to stick to just one thread.

It seems to me you were given good advice on that thread. When you go from old images to a current image you can't copy over settings from before. You should set everything up from scratch again.
    Thanks Burnham - will stick to the one thread in future

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Also if you have the ability to generate a rs232 serial log ( otherwise known as a bootlog ) this may help us to find out whats going wrong with your receiver at bootup.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. I have a vu + uno. What happened was I recorded a programme as it was finishing just so I could have the option of recording future episodes. The next day I looked and the same Chanel had been recording all night. I wenr to delete this recording of about 1450 minutes and the box froze. I tried to reboot but on start the openvix world of satelite screen came on then switched to a black screen with VIX in the top left corner then back to openvix then the black screen and so on. This is all it does. Can anyone help. Thanks. Ironman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12