Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: factory reset

Title
    Thanks

factory reset

Hello if I did a factory reset on my TM800HD box would I loose the Sats and would I need to put in an image or will they be one in there hope you can help cheers take care

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you do a factory reset it will just put the image back to the same state it was in when it was first installed.

You will be greeted with the setup wizard which will go through setting the box back up. You will have to select the satellite your dish is pointing at and you will have to rescan it to get your channels back.

If you have any emus installed prior to doing a factory reset you may have to reinstall them.

If you are considering reflashing a new image you can't go far wrong with this one. this is what i am running on mine when it decides to work lol as its got a little issue with the card reader that needs fixing. The channel switch over with this image isn't the fastest but everything seems to work on it, including the download server.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-lean-and-fast

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The easiest thing to do is just flash an image by miniroot. Technomate recommend Miniroot as opposed to doing it through the browser. The guide is stickied.
    The list of satellites are listed in the file called satellites.xml. Transferring the latest copy of Vhannibal or Catseye's list by Dreamset/Dreamboxedit will ensure that you have the lates file as well as latest channel list.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi so I could do a factory reset and the Image will still be in it all I need to do is scan the sats is it hope thats right cheers

Title
    Thanks
    As mentioned on the other forum, if you factory reset, your box may not restart. This does not apply to all images.

Why do you want to spend forever scanning satellites? Just transfer a channel list. This will mean you have all the satellites as well as up-to-date channels organised into bouquets.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Those channel list can cause more problems than they solve on the TM800. Thats what i've found with past experience.

If you factory reset the box and it doesn't start, just reflash the box and you will just be back in the same position you would have been had you just reset the box. Scan the satellite and then use Dreamboxedit to create your bouquets on your PC. You then just transfer it back to the TM800.

Thats what i do with mine and it hasn't caused me any issues at all, the box works quite stable once its had a nudge to start.

Not every box seems to react the same way, but i found the pre-made channel lists problematic with my setup.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks

Re: factory reset

In which case, backup channel list using dreamset and restore after flashing image.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi thats just the point I dont know how to reflash this box never ever flashed a box in my life before would not know where to start cheers take care

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi thats reall great cheers but I am haveing problems with the Image it dont open for me would it be possible to get the right Image for me sorry for being a pain but I really need your help thanks again hope you can help cheers everybody take care

Title
    Thanks
    Please explain what you mean by "image don't open for me".

You just download the image, extract it and and put it on USB drive,
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 15-02-13 at 00:53.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just google WINRAR. You can download a free trial version. That will extract the image into a form that you can use to put on to the USB stick to install the image onto your TM800.

Nano

Title
    Thanks
    no I mean the Image wont open for me I got winrar ,I just cant download it to wxtract sorry thanks again

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I suggest you try downloading straight from the main folder.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...-800-HD-images

Title
    Thanks
    Hi sorry but this is ware I am going wrong you gave me that Link thanks, but which Image should I use sorry but I really dont know and I dont want to brick my TM hope you can sort me out cheers guys take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast