Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "allshares.dat" file?

Title
    Thanks

"allshares.dat" file?

Hello,

Can anyone let me know the format of the "allshares.dat" file for the 202E?

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Read the stickies here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...hey-are-to-use!

Also please be mindful of the rules and where this topic goes.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry Sicilian I am trying to stick within the rules, but I can' figure out the format of the "allshares.dat" file for the life of me, the .pdf doesn't' help me (I'm sure I'm been think). If I load the file via USB and then Network to the box the "C:" has been dropped, when I manually enter this it appears as "C%3A+"

Also,

I only have one line is this correct?

Again sorry of his is close to the mark...

Title
    Thanks
    Fixed, something wrong with the original ccam I had, tried a mates and it worked fist time, I can confirm its very easy to set up.

Title
    Thanks
    i could never get it to work,

i know the rules on sharing, so a question to the mods, as there is a PDF telling you how use the allshares.dat can the content of the allshares.dat and how to upload it to the box be discussed as long as the source of the content of the allshares.dat is not discussed?

or would that be to close to braking the rules?

Title
    Thanks
    I got it to work and have all channels, I networked to the Box and entered in the following format (it's obvious once you're Networked):

Domain/IP address: firstlinehere.org (without the "C:")
    Port: "first set of digits"
    Username: "second set of digits"
    Password: "third set of digits"

Simple as that! I hope this doesn't break any rules.

I'm very happy with the box and would recommend it.

Good Luck,

Title
    Thanks
    you can browse to the box and enter the details via the web interface, its uploading the allshares.dat i could never get to work, as far as i understand the pdf, you create a text file rename it to allshares.dat this can then be put on a usb key and uploaded to the box.

the content of the txt file is depending on set up.
    <c type> <IP Address/domain> <Port> <user> <pass>
    <n type> <IP Address/domain> <Port> <Port> <user> <pass> <key>

but nothing.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to copex For This Useful Post:

Gaastra (29-05-13)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Bordering rule break now guys
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by copex View Post
    you can browse to the box and enter the details via the web interface, its uploading the allshares.dat i could never get to work, as far as i understand the pdf, you create a text file rename it to allshares.dat this can then be put on a usb key and uploaded to the box.

the content of the txt file is depending on set up.
    <c type> <IP Address/domain> <Port> <user> <pass>
    <n type> <IP Address/domain> <Port> <Port> <user> <pass> <key>
    but nothing.....

I wish I had read your post before I bought mine Copex, its not just you mate, the stickys make it look easy, and it should be but I too get nothing not impressed with this box at all at the moment will give it a fair shot but after 20 years playing with this sort of thing I must say im disappointed. Hope I eat my words here but time will tell.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

"allshares.dat" file?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I wish I had read your post before I bought mine Copex, its not just you mate, the stickys make it look easy, and it should be but I too get nothing not impressed with this box at all at the moment will give it a fair shot but after 20 years playing with this sort of thing I must say im disappointed. Hope I eat my words here but time will tell.
    For what they are and the extras that come as standard, they are a decent affordable receiver, I bought one my self and it works well. However i will say that many of us have been spoiled by the open source Linux boxes for the last few years, and as a result closed source receivers like this tend to be more problematic to setup and use as there is no community to provide plugins and channel lists etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i have one as a 2nd box it works a treat just enter the ip of the box in your web prowser on pc then put your details in each field thats all i done.theres no need to put the 1st letter of it in
    vu+duo running vix image with 600gig samsung hdd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cosie For This Useful Post:

Gaastra (29-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Pheonix I couldnt agree more you do have to remember its a buget box and we have been spolid & I have too. I am getting somewhere though and @cosie Im well aware of the correct method cheers bud,however this maybe a bug connected with the wifi dongle as I have had some success with a cable. The strange thing is the dongle works extreamly well with the online content.
    Im being very particular with my words here too but I can still only connect with the cable with the info with "SEA" in the config not others very strange. Ive had problems in the past with password lengths on an openbox but this seems a little wierd,nothing looks wrong.
    As for the box and my recent comments I think im fair to say with a new toy and having problems when it is straight forward most people would be disapponited. And I did say I would give it a fair crack, which I most certainly will. If im wrong in my first impressions Ill surely state I was unfair.

Anyway guys please dont bend the rules trying to help me out on here ill figure it out if it kills me A PM or two could be a help with my "N"s though and would be welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    I gota say after getting used to this little box its very good. It does have a few bugs and if im being picking a slight oversight on the design of the front flap but they are very minor and the box runs very stable. Its well built,its a good size conpared to the Openbox so it stays cool.
    All in all I would buy another and may well do so. If the dev`s can sort out those lil bugs it will be a quality box.