Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 6 untethered finally out!

Title
    Thanks

Jailbreak for iOS 6 untethered finally out!

Those looking to jailbreak their iOS devices can rejoice, since a new tool named Evasi0n has just been released by the Evad3rs team which allows for an iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak on almost all of the devices.Team Evad3rs was established earlier this year, combines some of the jailbreak community’s most talented developers: Nikias Bassen (Pimskeks), Planetbeing (David Wang), France-based Pod2g (Cyril) and Los Angeles-based MuscleNerd; all known for producing reliable jailbreaks in the past. This team was assembled in order to develop a reliable untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 for post-A5 devices, including the iPhone 5, the iPad mini and the latest-generation iPad. This has now been achieved with the just-released userland jailbreak tool, known as Evasi0n.

The following devices are supported by this tool:
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3GS
    iPad 4
    iPad 3
    iPad 2
    iPad mini
    iPod touch 4
    iPod touch 5

iOS firmware versions supported by Evasi0n:
    iOS 6.0
    iOS 6.0.1
    iOS 6.0.2
    iOS 6.1

Out of all new iOS devices, only the Apple TV 3 is not currently supported, although here’s to hope that a new tool will be developed soon that supports it.

Code:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-6-untethered-with-evasi0n-windows-mac-linux/
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (04-02-13),pooface (04-02-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Pity abou the ATV3, been wanting to buy another for ages for XBMC but not gonna pay the current prices...
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Can finally update the iPad now... Now, gotta work out how to upgrade and jailbreak without loosing data, as not updated a jailbreak before hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks

Re: Jailbreak for iOS 6 untethered finally out!

Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Can finally update the iPad now... Now, gotta work out how to upgrade and jailbreak without loosing data, as not updated a jailbreak before hehe
    just updating my ipad mate from 5.1.1 jailbreak. hoping have done right! backed up ipad in itunes. then pressed on restore ipad which brings it up to 6.1. now going running evasion. fingers crossed lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

6. The Following User Says Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

pooface (04-02-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    just updating my ipad mate from 5.1.1 jailbreak. hoping have done right! backed up ipad in itunes. then pressed on restore ipad which brings it up to 6.1. now going running evasion. fingers crossed lol
    Let us know how it goes
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Let us know how it goes
    pretty straightforward. once i restored in itunes to the latest 6.1 i ran evasion and it detected the ipad straight away and did its work in about 5 mins,

just restarted now and all seems fine mate!
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-02-13),mcquaim (04-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    pretty straightforward. once i restored in itunes to the latest 6.1 i ran evasion and it detected the ipad straight away and did its work in about 5 mins,

just restarted now and all seems fine mate!
    I have a jailbroken 5.0 IPAD 2 which has worked well, and there are about 6 apps that I consider essential like cursor control, but non-Apple updates stopped about 4 months ago. when they took down one of the major app sites.
    What do you get or have access to with this jailbreak??????

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    What do you get or have access to with this jailbreak??????
    Basically you get all of the IOS6 features..such as better facebook integration, faster safari, do not disturb feature etc

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I have a jailbroken 5.0 IPAD 2...non-Apple updates stopped about 4 months ago...
    Install this with your Ipad browser:

Code:
    http://v.appvv.com/en/

Title
    Thanks

lots but the essential one for me is xbmc
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Thanks
    lots but the essential one for me is xbmc
    You could get this on iOS5 too.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    im having a mare with mine.. the sources for pkgbackup where down last night so am in the process of upgrading all my tweaks as i have only just got it working!!
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by im85288 View Post
    You could get this on iOS5 too.
    sorry misread that you were looking for the advantage of jailbreaking of which xbmc is the main one for me as you will not obviously get it with stock firmware.
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    im having a mare with mine.. the sources for pkgbackup where down last night so am in the process of upgrading all my tweaks as i have only just got it working!!
    yea due to excessive traffic on their servers but thankfully as the americans are in bed now the servers are back up and running great
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Question:
    A mate has a 3GS that came from AT&T and its on 4.1 and rooted and unlocked with Cydia.
    Whats best option to get to 6.1 and unlocked.
    Will he loose his settings and apps and unlock if he does and upgrade to 6.1 in iTunes and then run Evasi0n.
    What app is needed to unlock once cydia is loaded.
    Sorry for all the questions but Im not an apple user...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast