Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: motorised system

Title
    Thanks

motorised system

Hi, would like to know the best possible method to install a motorised dish
    I have tm 6900hd and technomate 2600 motor.
    I live in cascais just west of Lisbon Portugal and my position is Lat.38.7 n and long. 9.4 w
    I have been trying to get this to operate but to no avail.
    I try to tune in to 0,7 Thor but when i turn to other sats. nothing happens.
    I have read instructions from other forums but rather confusin.
    Please i need help.
    fastken

Title
    Thanks
    hi, check and make sure your mounting pole is 100% plumb very important, also check your dish angle any slight error's in either of these will throw you off the arc you should find the correct settings for the dish angle in your handbook for the motor, this is how i did it once the motor & dish are semi locked in place (tight but you can still swivel it) move the motor to the sat using button on motor to 0.7w for example, then swivel the dish/motor by hand to position of the sat once you have a good lock on the sat (check with a meter or your tv to be 100%) you can tighten the bolts on the motor fully, i always tune using usals, thats pretty much it but very important to get the 1st two things correct good luck

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

motorised system

The TM2600 motor will have a latitude scale on it, set that to match your location, 39 is close enough.
    In the receiver you have to select usals and enter both longitude and latitude.
    I haven't got my 6900 any more, and can't remember exactly which menu it's in.
    From there select a satellite closest to you location (9deg west) to line it up on.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 09-02-13 at 09:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Don't know if you can make use of the info - but if you find one sat that you know (having set your East & West dish limits) - for me to move manually either way 7 clicks of the switch = 1 degree to locate other sats from thie known one

Title
    Thanks
    hi, thanks for your reply i haven,t tried your suggestios yet but will do so this week end. Will let you know after i try it.
    Many thanks for all and i will come back with answers.