Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Problem today - Help needed please

Prioryman

Flash Problem today - Help needed please

Guy´s today I tried to update mates ET5000 and I´m having same problem, however when I type in init4 and then enigma2 I get:

Welcome to ViX for et5x00
    ViX v2.3
    et5x00 login: root
    root@et5x00:~# init 4
    root@et5x00:~# enigma2
    PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    + (1) Background File Eraser
    + (5) Tuxtxt
    + (8) graphics acceleration manager
    /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
    + (9) GFBDC
    /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
    framebuffer not available.
    FATAL: no framebuffer available
    Segmentation fault

Can anyone help as worried I have "bricked" his box. I can access the box both with putty and cuteTP. Been at it since 1pm today.... No hair left to pull.

Thanks

John

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What exactly are you trying to do with the init 4 command and ViX 2.3, also why follow it with enigma2 ??

ViX 2.3 was discontinued long ago and it can no longer be updated via a telnet session or any other method. You must reflash the receiver ( not sure if there is a bootloader update also for this box as i have never used a Xtrend ).

The command to update a ViX 3.0 image Via telnet is init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

This will not work for any other ViX image however as they have all been discontinued and no longer have a update server to update from.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Prioryman
    Thanks for reply. I have tried all images today from VIX for the ET5000 and boot loaders, but it is stopping on boot up screen with both red/green light remaining on then after about 3/5 minutes I get green screen. I have read all posts and followed them, but still no good. The file above states: /dev/fb0: No such file or directory - and thats what I'm stuck at. Something is missing, but buggered if I can find t why.

Regards John

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    unfortunately i have never used a Xtrend receiver so i am unfamiliar with the flash process, as a result i doubt i could be of any real help.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Prioryman
    Thank you non the less I'm hoping tomorrow someone will read the post and help. Perhaps the boot loader failed or someone can guide me as it's not my box and would hate to have to buy him a new one.....

John

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I've the ET4000, no idea about the ET5000 version, but the 4000 version works like a traffic light when flashing.
    When you power down the box, insert USB with new flash in correct folder format, do you have to press the top button behind the opening card slot so the box knows you want to update?

Prioryman
    Thank you for the help I have done that already. It appears to be missing something as the file above shows, but I do not know how to fix it.

Regards John

Prioryman
    Can anyone help I have tried to make the boot loader USB stick with the files below:
    ET 5000
    USB device (eg USB memory stick) to create a folder on the root et5x00 and copy the following 5 files to that location
    boot.bin
    kernel.bin
    rootfs.bin
    image version
    noforce (can be renamed for automatic flash in "force".)

But cannot find the file: boot.bin

Can anyone help me or email me the files as right now my ET5000 is a brick.

Thank you John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Flash Problem today - Help needed please

Start back at the beginning.

Did you flash with latest bootloader at bottom of the guide sicillian did in the et5000 section?

Reason i ask this is if you used an old bootloader then flashing latest vix wont work due to different kernals
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Flash Problem today - Help needed please

Also if i remember correctly latest bootloader has no need for boot file you're looking for
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Prioryman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    Start back at the beginning.

Did you flash with latest bootloader at bottom of the guide sicillian did in the et5000 section?

Reason i ask this is if you used an old bootloader then flashing latest vix wont work due to different kernals
    Yes I did followed it no problem. Then when I installed the newest image thats when it all when wrong. The box is stuck with the VIX opening screen period.

When I try and use the instructions as per:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2-6-18-2-6-31

But cannot find the boot.bin file - I think this might fix it, but I'm guessing.

Thank you for your time

Regards John

Prioryman
    Also if i remember correctly latest bootloader has no need for boot file you're looking for
    Tried the latest bootloader it seams to read it (green/yellow) then with it reboots install image again (green/yellow) ok and after restart locks up in the VIX image screen.

Making a great door stop right now, Have loaned my mate my VU+ so no TV for me right now......

Thanks John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    can you open up any menus?
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    Tried the latest bootloader it seams to read it (green/yellow) then with it reboots install image again (green/yellow) ok and after restart locks up in the VIX image screen.

Making a great door stop right now, Have loaned my mate my VU+ so no TV for me right now......

Thanks John
    I think you need to take a deep breath!
    Assuming that you managed to update the bootloader.
    Click on quick support links -> OpenVix Downloads -> ET5000 and download latest.
    This is a zipped bunch of folders that shouldbe unzipped and copies to a USB stic, there is no boot file.
    Power off the ET5000 and then holding the up button power on the ET5000.
    Assuming you have some lights on the stick you should see the ET5000 reading the files.
    WAIT! It takes a few minutes to load and then execute.

Ifyou are not sureabout the bootloader it can be found at thebottom of OpenVix Download folders
    I have updated my ET5000 quite a few times recently and you need patience because the lights don,t tell you a lot.... And power on with the up button held and the USB stick in thefront position.

Prioryman
    can you open up any menus?
    Nop gets as far as the screen displaying welcome to VIX..... etc sometimes after a few minutes I get a green screen.

Thanks John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast