Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commando 14.7 DM500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Commando 14.7 DM500

Commando 14.7 DM500 Release

Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.

What's new?

• Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
    • Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
    • Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
    • RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
    • Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
    • If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
    • yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
    • Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
    • A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
    • A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
    • Fix for the vanilla "ITV" names- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
    • New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
    • Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
    • Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
    • New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack

The Icing on the Cake

GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been renamed, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!

If it's a renamed channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.

Package contents:

• The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
    • A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
    • Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket für unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
    • A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)

ENJOY! -- PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Octagon SF4008 (1tb hdd - Openvix 5.1) Edision Combo (8gb USB - Openvix 5.1)

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to khan888 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Akaiboy (30-03-14),avruk71 (29-01-13),BadBlake (13-01-15),buffon1 (27-03-15),chadda (02-02-13),chrissharples (19-07-14),cxphim (29-12-13),davidjon (03-02-13),Donnie (27-01-13),Doomed (30-01-13),eblaster101 (20-04-13),ekbal (26-11-13),fishy58 (22-08-15),Futache (07-07-13),gtxnato (10-06-13),gvpe (03-09-13),hari1888 (11-11-16),harpo (15-02-13),lou07 (06-10-13),newboy (10-05-13),nobby11 (24-02-13),potsan (19-02-13),samuel_18 (08-02-14),scruff1963 (27-01-13),shwonk (09-06-13),sondek01 (24-01-15),wordup3 (28-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    At least give the creators chance to post it without edits to the post!

Noted: You downloaded without even a thanks, or a single post on ukcvs!

Last edited by SatSearching; 27-01-13 at 20:10.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SatSearching For This Useful Post:

bobsylas (28-01-13),eblaster101 (20-04-13),PaphosAL (27-01-13),wordup3 (28-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Original format of my UkCvs release notes would have been nice to have seen here too! Or is your 'THANKS' count more importantto you than preserving the original theme of my post at lunchtime?

As SatSearching (fellow Dev) says above, you couldn't even be bothered to hit the THANKS button. Breaks my heart, it really does...

AL

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

bobsylas (28-01-13),wordup3 (28-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Reason I didn't thank/post on ukcvs because I couldn't log in so I downloaded from elsewhere! Thanks for the creators of this image and in future I shall be careful sharing such a great image.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to khan888 For This Useful Post:

wordup3 (28-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I uploaded our new Commando 14.7 DM500 image to D-K at 17:28 yesterday and it appeared here 10 minutes later! Don't see your name on the Thanks button there either. Nor any posts, except 1 hello post.

In the old dBox2 days, all the Forums used to refer to this sort of behaviour as 'leeching'. To the extent that most boards implemented a minimum post count level before peeps could even download anything...

We are NOT averse to sharing our hard work. We ask simply that the release notes are preserved 'as is'. I did NOT use the words Excellent work in front of my name, you did. AL
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 28-01-13 at 13:39.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    original release notes added to the first post as can be found on ukcvs.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-01-13),khan888 (29-01-13),Mr. Mister (29-01-13),PaphosAL (29-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khan888 View Post
    Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.
    No, just be more careful about how you Copy, Paste, and reFormat, please, like pheonix has done for you now. That's all we ask, m8

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok thanks won't happen again

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khan888 View Post
    ok thanks won't happen again
    Dont worry about it, just remember most people while not publicly seeking recognition for their work, just want to have their release notes left intact without modification. Maybe you were not aware of the changes and if thats the case so be it. never the less it's resolved now.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-01-13),khan888 (30-01-13)

Title
    Thanks

Cool new member

Many thanks,
    I am just new to satellite reception and I am down under on the other side of the planet.I woul like to thank all the people for their valuable contribution to this forum.As I will be moving forward I will get to know some of you a little better,and if I ask some qestions wich may sound silly,please excuse my ignorance.
    Happy days to all.
    Last edited by niconas; 01-03-13 at 07:32. Reason: greeting the forum

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Please do not post intro in a existing thread.

Never the less wwelcome to WOS.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

C14.7 Online Updates go LIVE!

As posted by AL

Our first online update for Commando 14.7 comes only five weeks after release, so you will see that we haven't been letting the grass grow under our feet since then!

Before you go pressing buttons on your remote, please make sure you BACK UP your existing image and save it to PC. And please READ the important introductory note in the attached What's New? document before you start, otherwise (on this first occasion only) the online update will NOT complete properly.

This update is ground-breaking stuff, as it includes a SquashFS root partition reflash at the end! Don't forget- first RTFM (Read the effing manual)!

Then it's MENU > 3 - Utilities > Online Update

We were planning to announce this on Sunday 3rd March, but a server swap made it too risky. So we delayed for a day to let the dust settle.

Cheers- AL
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Which is a good bouquet to use with this image?

Also how do you add the cccam as I can not see it in etc or vat/etc

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    It makes it own bouquets if you are on 28.2 if you are using fixed. That would be best as it would be soecific to your region (based on your selection).

If you are using other sats, download any E1 list and convert to neutrino settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast