Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VU+ Duo IR Remote Codes in HEX Format

Title
    Thanks
    is the original vu+ remote programmable?
    the volume + - buttons on mine have never worked.
    when i press them, the receiver light flashes but the volume doesn't alter.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    the remote is programmable but only to control a TV in addition to the box. What do you mean that vol +/- is not working? On the box? The box can only control the volume if it is MPEG sound or if downmix is activated.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    the remote is programmable but only to control a TV in addition to the box. What do you mean that vol +/- is not working? On the box? The box can only control the volume if it is MPEG sound or if downmix is activated.

ciao
    when i try to control the volume on the receiver (uno) with the supplied vu+ remote a red LED flashes on the uno front panel but the volume doesnt change.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    what sound track was active? Dolby digital or even DTS? This can only be controlled if downmix is active.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    im pretty sure it is a problem with the RC unit.
    if i use another vu+ RC it alters the volume as expected.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    then perhaps you programmed the remote to control a TV. If you did that you are not able to control volume of the box anymore. Read manual to find out how to reset the remote.

ciao
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    then perhaps you programmed the remote to control a TV. If you did that you are not able to control volume of the box anymore. Read manual to find out how to reset the remote.

ciao
    the remote control unit has been malfunctioning like this since i bought it new from WOS a few yrs ago.
    however i took your advice and performed a reset as written in the manual and is now working fine!!
    thanks for the good advice.
    ciao

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry might not be related but I was wondering if the ir extension that comes with the vus can be extended
    Thanks if anyone can help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234