Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo IR Remote Codes in HEX Format

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts

Wink VU+ Duo IR Remote Codes in HEX Format

For all programmable remote users, I have extracted all the IR codes from the remote and put them into the attached Excel file.

All codes are RC5 and at a frequency of 36.0kHz

If you need to supply this to your remote manufacturer make sure you specify code type and frequency.

For Pronto or similar programming simply cut and paste

Let me know if you find any errors

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

abu baniaz (21-02-20),badh182 (28-11-14),bassethound (22-09-10),bobonthejob (11-11-10),bsmith1 (31-12-16),BuKandar83 (27-09-10),Grabber (10-11-10),martynkhill (17-05-11),profixit (29-03-14),Sicilian (22-09-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Out of interest, when doing a long press of the buttons (e.g. long power, long red, long yellow, long blue, long green etc), is the signal that is outputted a different code to just a short press?! Would be really interested to find that out if possible please
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As far as I know its just repeat single code without timing gaps or flags just not sure how many at the moment, will do some testing tomorrow or maybe Andyblac can tell me how many repeats are required before its counted as long press.
    Last edited by Maxwell; 22-09-10 at 19:22.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to use a Philips SRU5170 universal remote control with Vu+.
    But the learning procedure failed.
    I don't know if the Philips Prestigo series working or not.
    Please post your working brand of Universal remote controler.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paco68 View Post
    I tried to use a Philips SRU5170 universal remote control with Vu+.
    But the learning procedure failed.
    I don't know if the Philips Prestigo series working or not.
    Please post your working brand of Universal remote controler.
    I personally use a RTI T3 and a Philips Pronto RU940, the codes work well with the Pronto, with the RTI they all work but there appears to be a timing issue, when I have more time I will find out what is causing it.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Out of interest, when doing a long press of the buttons (e.g. long power, long red, long yellow, long blue, long green etc), is the signal that is outputted a different code to just a short press?! Would be really interested to find that out if possible please
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell4321 View Post
    As far as I know its just repeat single code without timing gaps or flags just not sure how many at the moment, will do some testing tomorrow or maybe Andyblac can tell me how many repeats are required before its counted as long press.
    Had a bit of a play but pushed for time at the moment, however it seems I might be wrong with the above assumption although I cannot capture any further code other than the single press I do now suspect that it could be a different code, will experiment further and let you know

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

pooface (23-09-10),Sicilian (23-09-10)

steford
    Also noticed a lot of oddities with DE image and my Home Theater (sic) Master M500 learning remote. This remote, whilst old, has never failed on any box or device I've owned (and that's quite a few!) - however it's very flakey with the Vu+. Keys work fine but don't seem to work in combination ie after other key presses sometimes. For instance in channel selection screen - moving down to a channel then hitting enter does nothing. Moving down, then up to the same channel then hitting enter works fine. Similarly when negotiating menus via the colour buttons a colour will get me into the menu but then won't get be back/further. Something more than just replicating key presses is going on IMHO. Good luck with your investigations.

Title
    Thanks
    Works really well for me on my philips pronto tsu9600, but the cursor keys are sometimes not recognised, and other times send two commands.

Cheers, Lee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lscolman For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (07-10-10)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steford View Post
    Also noticed a lot of oddities with DE image and my Home Theater (sic) Master M500 learning remote. This remote, whilst old, has never failed on any box or device I've owned (and that's quite a few!) - however it's very flakey with the Vu+. Keys work fine but don't seem to work in combination ie after other key presses sometimes. For instance in channel selection screen - moving down to a channel then hitting enter does nothing. Moving down, then up to the same channel then hitting enter works fine. Similarly when negotiating menus via the colour buttons a colour will get me into the menu but then won't get be back/further. Something more than just replicating key presses is going on IMHO. Good luck with your investigations.
    After extensive investigation it is now revealed that the Hit and Miss problems with remotes is a problem with the VU Driver itself, it was apparently a problem that was flagged with original remotes in all versions of the original image up to 5.2 when an updated driver was issued by VU. The new driver cured 99% of the problems with the original remote but not a lot for universal remotes. Unless VU acknowledge that there are further issues with this driver and issue a new one nothing more can be done (unless our coding star andyblac knows different)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the IR Codes. All work fine for me except cursor up + down...sometimes it works, sometimes not...what's the duration of the up+down codes?

Title
    Thanks
    What I really need is discrete IR codes for Power-On and Power-Off. All we have right now is Power-Toggle, which is not very helpful with a programmable remote like my Logitech Harmony One.

Also, sometimes the power button seems to have no effect, especially when your in a menu. You first need to exit the menu before the power button will function.
    Vu+ Duo running VIX with TechniSat Multytenne Twin (13°E, 19.2°E, 23.5°E, 28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    I second what rob is saying about the power codes it is very annoying if it gets out of sync with the remote macro commands

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    What I really need is discrete IR codes for Power-On and Power-Off. All we have right now is Power-Toggle, which is not very helpful with a programmable remote like my Logitech Harmony One.

Also, sometimes the power button seems to have no effect, especially when your in a menu. You first need to exit the menu before the power button will function.
    There are no discrete codes for the VU+ as the device itself is a Toggle Only Actuated Device, as for the problem with the menu etc see my earlier post in this thread about the VU driver regarding universal remotes.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi max are you sure there are no discreet commands? A lot of consumer electronics have only power toggle on the remote but there are discreet codes. I emailed vu regarding this issue a few days ago I'll post any reply

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hifial For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (14-11-10)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    All I can say is that I use a variety of Logitech Harmony remotes (300, 555, 600, 900,1100), and never experienced any problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast