Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gigablue ue thoughts

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

gigablue ue thoughts

hi all,
    have been thinking for a while about getting a gigablue ue and wondered if anyone with one can give me their thoughts on it.
    thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I've had a UE for around 3 months now and have found the box to be really stable and there are loads of tutorials on here to get it up and running. I can seriously recommend getting one of these

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azael For This Useful Post:

zenith (06-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks for that.
    is it quick channel changing and is it stable what image do you have on it too?
    thanks again
    Last edited by zenith; 06-01-13 at 19:16.

Title
    Thanks
    Yep channel changing pretty quick and I would say really stable (using VIX can't comment on other images) it doesn't seem to like the 1 channel plugin which can cause it to crash and reboot but I think that may be down to the plugin than the box

6. The Following User Says Thank You to azael For This Useful Post:

zenith (07-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    i want to give u and honest opinion, i've bought a LOT of decoders, gigablue hd 800 UE it is a DON'T BUY, too many bugs, almost nothing works like it should, gigablue hd 800 SE instead works perfect. Trust me, really.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Please post these bugs then so that we can see whats going on. Your the first person I have seen with such a post about this receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i know, expected that, i love vix images, pheonix, i really do, but trust me... i tested all decoders u provides images for, while vu+ and et9xxx decoders works PERFECT i tell you that this gigablue UE really looks like a chinese toy. But u are right, i have to explain what i mean:

i have gigablue ue combo with vix 3.0.747
    1-dvb-t tuner it's really really "insensitive", i have 70% to 90% with my et9000 and avermedia a867 but only 35-44% with gigablue UE, obviously with same antenna and cable.
    2-i've had to revert to vix 3.0.747 because with lastest vix image decoder WILL NOT BOOT, even, obviously, with last bootloader, it stucks on blue openvix "birds" wallpaper and fixed red led.
    3-mediaplayer divx video playback is laggy and drops framerate drammatically while image moves (so i guess this happens when bitrate increases), mkv (even 1080) with dts/dd playback is perfect.
    4-i've had to reinstall again and again the same image with same usb key before decoder "accepted" to boot (even if everytime installed the image), like usb port corrupt files sometime, or something like that.
    5-menu and remote are laggy
    6-project valerie puts decoder into a crash loop, had to manually remove it from ftp and telnet in order to manage to boot properly.
    7-rebooting decoder it's like a "russian roulette": sometimes it reboots properly, sometimes it get stuck again on openvix "blue bird" wallpaper and fixed red led, once again have to unplug/replug power cable to make it boot (one of the most annoying things)
    8-vfd display is buggy, sometimes when u reboot it turns all black or all white, and remains like that until u unplug/replug power cable. (and this with original firmware too)
    9-heard some friends of mine that received decoder with malfunctioning display (not turning on at all or with bad/inverted colors)

i'm sure i forgot something.. but it's ok for now. I say, DO NOT BUY, get a gigablue SE instead or go for vuplus.
    Last edited by et9k; 20-10-13 at 13:01.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by et9k View Post
    i know, expected that, i love vix images, pheonix, i really do, but trust me... i tested all decoders u provides images for, while vu+ and et9xxx decoders works PERFECT i tell you that this gigablue UE really looks like a chinese toy. But u are right, i have to explain what i mean:
    I'm not dismissing your earlier report but we need users to tell us when things dont work so that we can fix them, if users just make threads saying things dont work but dont tell us the exact problem we have no way of knowing whats broken in order to even begin the process of fixing it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I'm not dismissing your earlier report but we need users to tell us when things dont work so that we can fix them, if users just make threads saying things dont work but dont tell us the exact problem we have no way of knowing whats broken in order to even begin the process of fixing it.
    absolutely agreed, sorry 'bout that. Now i posted what's happened to me with this decoder, i hope it can helps, refresh page cuz i've edited my post a few times

Title
    Thanks
    but now that i've explained my experience with that decoder i've expected an answer..

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    but now that i've explained my experience with that decoder i've expected an answer..
    How do you expect us to answer to this!?

You said things are working. But, you haven't posted any debug logs?! So, how are we meant to see what's causing the issue?! Please, re-create this issue. Post a full step-by-step on how to reproduce, and then post the debug log when this happened...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    How do you expect us to answer to this!?

You said things are working. But, you haven't posted any debug logs?! So, how are we meant to see what's causing the issue?! Please, re-create this issue. Post a full step-by-step on how to reproduce, and then post the debug log when this happened...
    With all respect, didn't u test your images? that said, i sure wanna help fixin issues. Can u please tell me exactly where is that debug log located?
    however, about issues i found, if u read my post, i think posting a debug log it's only usefull for point 7 (wich it's probably the same issue that causes point 4)
    Framerate drop for divx, laggy remote, buggy vfd or insensitive dvb-t tuners are unloggable i think.
    Also a little update about divx playback, i converted one of the divx movie i have (all playback with framerate drops, tested around 50) to .mkv with handbrake and it playbacks perfectly, same movie, same audio track, but h264 codec instead of divx, also, paused movies (even mkv) cause them to get stuck, no way u can unpause, u can only close mediaplayer or play another movie in order to come back to what you were watching (but from beginning)
    Last edited by et9k; 20-10-13 at 19:18.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With all respect, didn't u test your images?
    we used to test every aspect of the image prior to release which often meant images were released maybe twice or three times a year, for this we were hounded with complaints from users who wanted the image now buggy or not. now we operate a slightly different system whereby we still do test but not as stringently unless major changes are introduced, for this we still get complained at. how can we win here ?.

I heard a rather apt quote the other day that i'll re-quote.

If you dont pay for something, how can you expect to be treated like a customer ??.

Dont get me wrong i'm not having a go but every thing we do, we do for free, out of our own time. and people still complain.

how is that for gratitude ?.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (20-10-13),Mr. Mister (20-10-13),Rob van der Does (21-10-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With all respect, didn't u test your images? that said, i sure wanna help fixin issues. Can u please tell me exactly where is that debug log located?
    however, about issues i found, if u read my post, i think posting a debug log it's only usefull for point 7 (wich it's probably the same issue that causes point 4)
    Framerate drop for divx, laggy remote, buggy vfd or insensitive dvb-t tuners are unloggable i think.
    Also a little update about divx playback, i converted one of the divx movie i have (all playback with framerate drops, tested around 50) to .mkv with handbrake and it playbacks perfectly, same movie, same audio track, but h264 codec instead of divx, also, paused movies (even mkv) cause them to get stuck, no way u can unpause, u can only close mediaplayer or play another movie in order to come back to what you were watching (but from beginning)
    debug logs are by default located in /home/root/logs/.

media player functionality is largely out of our hands as with all STB's it's very much hardware based ie not upgradeable via codec plugins, this is something only the manufacturer can improve upon with drivers and bootloader updates.

SIMPLES.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (20-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    debug logs are by default located in /home/root/logs/.

media player functionality is largely out of our hands as with all STB's it's very much hardware based ie not upgradeable via codec plugins, this is something only the manufacturer can improve upon with drivers and bootloader updates.
    right but i remember this same problem with early drivers for et9000 and i fixed them by manually replace video drivers with ftp, can u post latest video drivers and tell me where can i put the files? thanks a lot in advance

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Amplifier 5.1 selfmade Mosfet 150w Rms x 6 + Teufel Decoderstation 5 (DD/DTS)
    Polk Audio + Subwoofer by Target
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 + a867 usb dvb-t + Velociraptor 250gb
    Vu+ Solo + a867 usb dvb-t
    GigaBlue 800 hd UE and SE
    Azbox hd & Premium
    LNB Monoblocco Quad Inverto Black 6,2°
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast