Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to Deal With BBC TV Licence Goons! youtube VIDEO

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

How to Deal With BBC TV Licence Goons! youtube VIDEO

How to Deal With BBC TV Licence Goons!

This is a brilliant video i laughed all the way through its a classic not to be missed

Published on 10 Nov 2012

Although they don't use violence, the BBC effectively operates a protection racket targeted at every household in the UK. Their method of operation is very simple but has worked successfully in the UK for over 60 years. They rely solely on the inducement of fear.

They use a company called Capita to send out threatening, auto-generated letters to UK addresses that do not have a TV Licence. These letters state that their records show that the address doesn't have a TV License and that failure to buy a TV License will result in a £1,000 fine. If after several attempts this fails to worry the occupier into purchasing a TV License, they then send a "TV License Inspector" from their "Enforcement Team" to your address to scare you into compliance and/or to obtain information from you - such as your name and your admission that you are receiving live TV broadcasts on the premises. Once they have this, they can then threaten you with imminent court action.

If they fail to get any compliance from you at all, then they'll continue to send out threatening letters and a TV License Inspector will be sent out periodically to remind you of what could happen if you don't buy a TV License. Regardless of whether you have a TV, this will continue until you agree to pay up for a TV License.

Once the occupier has paid up, the TV License Inspector receives their commission and the doorstep harassment and threatening letters stop for 12 months. After the 12 months has elapsed, the threatening letters and the doorstep harassment starts again.

This extortion process has kept the BBC in business for the last 60 years. It has yielded over £3 billion a year, which is far in excess of what a broadcasting company like Sky survives on through advertising and subscription revenue. The only people who profit from this immoral enterprise are the establishment who benefit from the propaganda that the BBC puts out, and also the greedy executives of the BBC and their enforcement companies who line their pockets with money extorted from the poor, the elderly, and the naïve.

The BBC's enforcement agency, Capita, is clearly there to extort money but it also serves a deeper purpose that most people don't realise. The BBC and Capita have no interest in whether you have a TV or not, their purpose is to extort money from as many households as they can on an annual basis. If you don't have a TV, they hope that by harassing you enough with threatening letters and home visits, you'll be coerced into buying a Licence just to stop the harassment. But of course, what's the point of having a TV licence if you don't have a TV? So of course you will then buy a TV just to get your money's worth. And as long as you're watching TV, they can then manage your perception of reality via the propaganda that pours out of it, especially from the BBC. So it's a win-win situation for them.

But you can turn the tables on them, legally and lawfully...

How do we put an end to this protection racket?

Here are some simple rules to follow when dealing with these people:

Firstly, never reply to any letters that they send to you. If you do feel the need to reply, only reply once and state your position clearly. Tell them that you do not need a TV Licence and you do not wish to buy one. Keep all of the letters they send you, as they constitute harassment under the law, and you can use them as evidence should you decide to take them to court.

Never provide them with your name or any other personal info, never admit to anything, and never allow them into your home.

Make sure you have a video camera ready to film them when they come to your door. This will enable you to capture evidence of any intimidation or threats that they might try to use.

Print out a copy of a "Removal of Implied Right of Access" and have it ready to hand to them when they come to your door. This will mean that they will be committing a criminal offence of "aggravated trespass" if they come to your door again in the future. Also, print out a copy of a "Fee Schedule" and have it ready to hand to them when they come to your door. This schedule will outline how much you will be charging them each time you are harassed or inconvenienced by them. This schedule has legal standing so you will be able to invoice them each time they send you a letter or visit your home. You can obtain the template letters from various sites, such as: http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org

And finally, never be scared of these racketeers, as they prey on your fear. They have no rights whatsoever to enter your property, and they will be trespassing if they continue to come to your door after you have removed their implied right of access. Even if they know that you have a TV, they cannot obtain a warrant to enter your home unless you have admitted that you are receiving live TV broadcasts and that you require a TV Licence. As long as you don't provide them with any information, there is nothing they can do.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

BlessedYouth (14-12-12),Maxwell (13-12-12),Mr. Mister (11-12-12),Simon020590 (17-12-12),skybox (16-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I like the BBC and the coverage of the Olympics was well worth the TV licence money. I'd much rather just pay it then camcorder and be rude to everyone who knocks on my door.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joetwizzy For This Useful Post:

scruff1963 (12-12-12),Stanman (11-12-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Exactly, much better than many broadcasters out there.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

scruff1963 (12-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I too enjoy BBC television. But I have decided that I will not be renewing my Licence. They will not be getting a penny more from me to pay long term inflated salaries to the likes of Mr Saville from Leeds and his ilk. The head honchos knew for years and did naff all.

Should be an interesting conversation though when the License Inspector calls. The one for my area is my sister in law lol

Title
    Thanks
    im sorry but i dont understand the guy who is filmings attitude..agressive and thinks he's funny...

he probably doesn't pay his car insurance either and argues when they come round to check that also.

ive never been harrassed by these people as i have always paid my tv licence, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they feel that the BBC shouldn't receive their money for the licence then thats up to them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to andy2110 For This Useful Post:

scruff1963 (12-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    To be honest he sounds mentally unstable to me.
    I not surprised the people walked away as he hardly sounded stable, i'm sure they don't get paid to put up with possibly unstable people that may attack them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Really funny, I wonder can this be done in Ireland too?

Title
    Thanks
    If somebody doesnt want to pay for the BBC and does not watch it ...that is their right . I have a few friends who dont actually own a tv. The tactic of trying to look all official and asking to inspect the property is a bit out of order .. just like the " security " companies who dress their gaurds to look like policemen ( in front of Barclays London ).. Guess its the more vulnerable that fall prey to such tactics. The BBC for the most part is pretty decent with the exception of their news reporting which is about as good as RT from Russia.
    Last edited by davidcmadrid; 31-12-12 at 04:02.